Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Falling for the Midwest

Yesterday was one of those days I realized why I like living in the Midwest so much. My next door neighbor saw me struggling with my self timer in my backyard trying to take outfit pictures for LPF. She was raking big piles of leaves while her kids played. She offered to take some for me, and before I knew it she was directing my photo shoot and even had her 8-year old pointing the leaf blower at me!
Needless to say, I love Wisconsin. I'm grateful for all the nice Midwesterners that have helped me settle into life 1000 miles away from where I grew up!
J. C. Penney also featured me on their Chictopia page in my shearling collar denim jacket from I Heart Ronson which was incredibly exciting.

Can you believe I've never jumped into a pile of leaves before? I've got a lot to catch up on!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

19 comments:

runawayinla said...

Your neighbors are so sweet! :) I love the falling leaves in the photo, the leaf blower is a great idea! And what a perfect fall outfit as well, that denim jacket looks really cozy! :)

Katie said...

These pictures are so pretty! I wish we had fall in Florida.

Xoxo ☺ said...

Love the picture so cute!! Yay for fall xo

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Fabulous pictures!

Sarah @ Shades of Sarah said...

That's such a sweet story!! You look gorgeous! And I can't totally believe the not-jumping-in-leaves thing, because guess what? I haven't either! Fall bucket list! :)

the funky fashionista said...

I love your outfit, Lauren! That's so nice of your neighbor to help you out! I'm looking for a good denim jacket and I really like yours! The shearling collar makes it so cozy looking!

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Lindsay said...

You look gorgeous! So happy you get to experience fall in the midwest. It really is the best! I can't believe how many leaves you have already!

kaity said...

that was so sweet of your neighbor! and what luck, too - these pictures turned out fabulous. I especially love the first one.

Sherin said...

Your neighbour sounds amazing and love these pictures with all the leaves! I love the first picture.

classic case said...

Love this so much! These photos are gorgeous, and make me SO excited to visit the Midwest tonight.

Kate said...

You look so cute! That first picture is adorable.

kate

Anonymous said...

you are too cute. <3 ya

http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ said...

I love those photos! It really makes me wish we had a more colorful fall in Paris right now, lately it's just been raining.. I really can't get over how cute that first photo is!

Blair said...

I love the leaves photo! Makes me want to find some to pile up and jump into.

~Blair

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

Love your outfit in this post!!! Also, I totally agree; Midwesterners are beyond great!

GO GREEN!

ally (the ruffled lace) said...

that is an incredibly cute picture with you in the leaves!
http://theruffledlace.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

Wow your gorgeous, i would buy most of these jc penny items just because they look fantastic on you. although i'm slightly heavier, it should still translate well!

http://www.forelyse.com
http://strangehabitsband.com

Dara Adeeyo said...

Is this your first time seeing leaves? Do they have leaves in FL? :p

Kimberlee said...

Gorgeous photos - love Fall!