Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Try this Trend: Striped Sweaters & Chunky Knit Scarves

Inspired by the perfectly preppy Sarah Vickers image I posted a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a striped sweater of my own during my fall shopping ventures. I also picked up some chunky knit accessories, this brown scarf is already one of my fall favorites.

I had the chance to visit a pumpkin patch & go on a hay ride the past weekend. It felt perfectly fall! For some reason I've been opposed to large stripes because of the old rule of thumb of making you look bigger, but in these pretty shades I just couldn't say no!
Would you wear striped sweaters?
xoxo, lauren

12 comments:

Sherin said...

I love the knitted scarf. It looks so pretty on you. Sounds like you're really enjoying the autumn.

Fash Boulevard said...

oh my goodness, i love your sweater. you're adorable. so happy I came across your blog. totally following. I'd love if you'd check out my style and fashion blog and see if you'd like to follow. I'd love to hear what you think of my JewelMint photo shoot. thanks love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
Adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist.

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

You’re wonderful in these photos, I like you style!Love the photo with the pumpkin!
Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

Cosa mi metto???

Beth said...

Yes, would definitly where a striped sweater after seeing these pictures. You look great, love teh scarf too.

-DoNaH- said...

I just love this look. Really comfy, keeps you warm and it simply looks pretty

http://ladyinleatherjacket.blogspot.com/

Shutterbug said...

I love all sweaters, striped ones included!

Lauren said...

i am loving all your fall posts as of late! i need to get to a pumpkin patch/corn maze asap

Ashley @ Apparel Addiction said...

I always used to stay away from big stripes, but they look so cute on you, especially with the scarf!

Jayme and Mendi said...

I love this combo! I've never met a stripe that I didn't like though. ;) You totally just made me want to go pumpkin picking this weekend...and of course it will require a cute outfit!

Love your blog so much! We're now following. We'd love for you to visit our blog & do the same if you'd like!

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Niina said...

Nice outfit! I love the sweater & scarf..

happyflower said...

Please visit my two blogs-

littledovehappyflower.blogspot.com

and

chicjbg.blogspot.com

trying to get some followers!!!!

Andee Layne said...

LALALLOVE it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin