Sunday, November 27, 2011

Have Yourself a Colorful Christmas

This is the first year I've been able to decorate my own place and give my home its own holiday flair. For me, this means the less traditional route, more color, glitz, DIY, and even a retro Christmas feel. I've been scouring pinterest for the perfect inspiration images to guide me in my shopping for decor. 


I went with a faux green tree with colorful lights and sparkly & colorful ornaments from World Market, Target, and even the Dollar Store! I've been busy diy-ing signs, creating wreaths, and creating a festive table. The images below, with white trees, and very bright and bold Christmas decor are right up my alley. 


Below, I have some of my favorite picks to give your Christmas decor a dose of color and sparkle!

A Colorful Christmas

What does your holiday decor look like?

xoxo, lauren

11 comments:

the funky fashionista said...

I love the idea of having a colorful Christmas! I bet your having so much fun decorating your house for Christmas! I love colorful, glitzy decorations!

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

cute! i'm a much more traditional girl when it comes to Christmas.

Girl In A Whole New World said...

This is so cute! I might have to incorporate these to my decorating whenever I have my own place. I love the wreath in the first picture and I love the lights surrounding the fireplace. The socks won't be able to hold many goodies though ahaha. I love all the color schemes together.

http://sothisiscollegee.blogspot.com/

Sherin said...

This post has completely put me in the Christmas spirit. Loving all the colours.

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

When it comes to Christmas I am so traditional it is sick...love the bright golds/deep reds..ugh it kills me to say that.

Shutterbug said...

i love the fun, colourful ideas!

Brónagh Kennedy said...

This is gorgeous! I love how even your Christmas decorations are true to your style, not a lot of people manage that one!
I can't wait until I can decorate my own house!

Bx
http://glamourandgrungefashion.blogspot.com/

alicia said...

I love the idea of a retro christmas, also! obsessed. :)

Kelly said...

I think this year my mom and I are going with Cinnamon and Fir colors! Should be interesting! I'm excited to see you this December. Can't wait to go back to our old thrifting grounds!

I love you!!
Genuinely,
Kelly

http://helloboudreau.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

at home I have a vintagey silver tinsel tree with colorful ornaments, still figuring out how i am going to decorate my room in charleston. I always love your party and home decor ideas

Ashley | Domestic Fashionista said...

Love! I too like to go with more color...especially pastel shades. That first photo is just gorg!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin