A couple of summers ago I spent a summer living with my cousin and her husband where I gained a new appreciation for wine. I loved taste testing different kinds, and learning what I liked best. One of my favorite ideas for a get-together is hosting a wine tasting party!
Each guest brings their own bottle of wine. The party essentials would include:
- A set of wine glasses
- Wine charms to to keep track of your glass
- Numbered bags to mask what each wine is
- Using wine corks as placeholders at a table
- A bite to eat to pair w/ each type of wine and cleanse the palate (how amazing is the image above?)
- A chart to document the notes (tastes) and rate each wine you sample
Give guests a proper wine tasting tutorial to complete the experience. This party's a great way to experiment with different wines and bring friends together. Not a fan of wine? Try a beer tasting or even dessert tasting!
What ideas do you have for a soiree?