Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Inspired by: Roaring 20's Style

 The newest Free People catalog is totally gorgeous. It features looks inspired by stylish decades but interpreted in a modern way. This 1920's fashion feature shows girl's at a Parisian cafe wearing art deco dresses, turbans, pin curls, and velvet.
This collage shows some of my favorite twenties inspired pieces. I'd pair a pair of art deco jewelry w/ a basic tee, a beaded bag w/ denim, or flapper inspired dress w/ a pair of stacked platform heels. It's all about mixing the modern and vintage.
These are some images straight from the 20's, a time for breaking all the fashion rules for women. They were losing their corsets, showing some leg, and letting their hair down. Scandalous!
xoxo, lauren


Sherin said...

The roaring 20's is one of my favourite eras! I love the flapper look.

the funky fashionista said...

The roaring 20's was definetly my favorite decade! I had so much fun writing an essay on 1920s fashion. I love how flapper girls were not afraid to break any rules.

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

Great post!!! I have always thought I was meant to live in the 20s..the style was so dramatic.

Kimberlee said...

Everyone is buzzing about the spread - love it! And I love your outfits :)

cbazaar sarees said...

wow... this is something cool.. the oldies collection. I liked this :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin