Sunday, November 13, 2011

Latest Lust: Apres Ski Chic

Now that I live somewhere where it snows, I want to attempt to take in all the winter sports. I've always been a natural at skiing. I can't wait to get some practice on the tiny nearby "mountains" (if all else fails I can take a trip to see my friends out in Colorado!). I'm incredibly inspired by the "apres-ski"  look; just as stylish in real life as on the slopes. Plus, curling up in a cozy sweater to a spiked hot chocolate after a day of skiing sounds just about perfect.


The apres ski look to me means fairisle sweater knits, cozy wrap sweaters, hiking inspired boots, intarsia ski hats, and faux fur vests & earmuffs, I love D&G's interpretation above.

Latest Lust: Apres Ski Chic

Do you do any skiing, snowboarding, or sledding in the winter?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

10 comments :

-DoNaH- said...

I like your clothes choices here.. Skiing in fashion :).. Loving your new theme too... :)

sophie said...

Oups ...
I'm french and I personnaly don't agree with the definition you've found about "après-ski".
To us, "après-ski" is the big warm shoes you where when you take off your ski, just like the blach ones on the D&G's interpretation abov ^^

Sherin said...

I've always wanted to ski! I can ice skate though. Love this ski inspiration.

the funky fashionista said...

I love this! If I went skiing,I would go for that cute snow bunny look! The winter photos you have in the collage make me so ready for the holidays. I love the D&G version of the skiing look. So much inspiration!

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

The orange sweater looks so cozyy!! Perfect for Michigan winters...woof.

Laura said...

I absolutely love the fairisle sweaters this time of year!! So perfect for ski and apres-ski :)

Ashley @ Apparel Addiction said...

I've lived in Colorado most of my life, but I've never gone skiing for some reason! I do like the cute ski style, though, especially the outfit with the coral sweater.

Cori said...

I love all your outfit choices, especially the second and third one! They look soooo lovely and cozy!

designer necklace giveaway

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

faux fur and fairisle knits for sure!!

LPFashionPhilosophy said...

SUCH a cute post for the winter! Everything is a total must-have!

ox,
-Davie+Erica
Wardrobe Stylists, NYC.

>>http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com