Monday, December 26, 2011

Latest Lust: Coastal Interiors

I hope everyone had an amazing holiday. I'm enjoying my time home in sunny Florida! Today, I went house hunting with my parents. As a kid, I always loved going into model homes and admiring the interior decor, I feel no less inspired as a 20-something.

I snapped tons of pictures of chic decor in all the homes we saw. I have always loved the look of coastal interiors, it's such a light & airy, but polished look. These were some of my favorite styles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the things I responded to most were the printed wallpapers, curtains, and chairs. It's an easy way to modernize any home and step up the style quotient.

What would your dream house look like?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

5 comments:

the funky fashionista said...

I love house hunting. I have the perfect idea of what I want my dream house to look like even though I'm only 16. I want it to be really girly. The colors I'm think are black, white, and hot pink!

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

amazing pictures!

My dream house has a huge, white wrap-around porch.

Allison said...

When we were looking for our vacation house in Cape Cod, I loved the peeks into different homes and how people decorated them.
I adore everything about this post - those armchairs and canvases are too gorgeous, and I am in love with anything trellis print! This style is so Florida chic, and it's just perfect.
Glad you're enjoying your time in Florida, pretty girl! xox

Gretta said...

I love the printed fabric chairs in the dining room and on the arm chair. I have always thought that coastal styles were beautiful. It's easy to look upscale without being opulent or gaudy. Classic, crisp, cool, comfortable is the way to go. Blues and greys and a burst of yellow? Perfect.

Gaby de Modacapital said...

Hi!! :)
I really like your blog, I follow you :D
... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
Kisses!
http://modacapitalblog.com