Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Looking Cool & Staying Warm

I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip for work, to the mountains, to do some trend research (dream job, i told you)! I'm excited and trying to figure out what to pack for a few days in the high altitudes and snowy scenery. I've always been fascinated by the ski bunnies of Aspen and Vail.  (I mean, have you seen Aerin Lauder's beautiful ski chalet home?!). 

These vintage photos from lifestyle photographer, Slim Aarons, perfectly depict sleepy mountain towns and the stylish ski bunnies that inhabit them:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When it comes to cold weather, I'm not one to sacrifice style for warmth. I'd like to think it's possible to have both! (Fleece lined leggings have become my new best friend in recent weeks!)

Looking Cool & Staying Warm

What do you like to layer on when the temperatures dip to feel stylish and warm?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

10 comments :

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

aww digging the wrap cardigan..and also the sunglasses tan on that lady in the pink jumpsuit and furry boots.

Girl In A Whole New World said...

I love this outfit you put together. Having fleece lined leggings is a must. Have so much fun! It's awesome you're doing your dream job.

-Mar

Mugdha said...

Mmm, I'm warm just thinking about that red jacket. This makes me miss skiing so much! Ski resorts are beautiful, take lots of pictures!!

the funky fashionista said...

You are so lucky you get to travel for your work! I want a dream job in fashion like that! I think you should definitely bring along some faux fur! Why not look stylish as well as warm?

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Sherin said...

I'm craving snow so badly right now. I love the snow inspiration here, especially the first one!
I love those winter looks as well.

alexandra said...

woohooo switzerland :)) my home :) why don't you come here and do some trendwatching here in st.moritz? I'm sure you would love it!

Samantha Elisabeth said...

Good luck =)!!

Bostonista said...

OMG these pictures are AMAZING! I love them! And I definitely need to get some fleece lined leggings for all of these long winter walks with my dog! I'm so tired of being frozen!

xo

PS: Stop by and enter my give-a-way with Fresh if you have a minute! Tomorrow is the last day to enter!

Lauren said...

that sounds like a dream job! cant wait to see pictures

Lana-Marie said...

One day I hope that will be part of my job description! I am a fellow petite fashionista :-) I just started a blog a couple of days ago, so I am new to this, please check my blog out: www.lana-marie.blogspot.com - I would really appreciate any comments on some of my fashion looks!

Thank you :-)

X-O-X-O