Sunday, January 8, 2012

L.P.F. DIY: Colorful & Open Cabinets

Feeling inspired by pinterest images, I woke up this morning feeling extra ambitious about re-designing my kitchen. So, I bought a set of Target watercolor floral dishes to put on display, scored some gold rimmed china for special occasions at the thrift store and added yellow gingham fabric as an extra touch. I of course added in some wine glasses and mason jars to make it more me.


I used my new Lilly Pulitzer: Guide to Entertaining for inspiration. I really like how the end result turned out. The cabinets turned out so open, colorful and perfect for making my kitchen more feng shui. Plus, it forces me to keep my shelves organized.

These are some other wonderful open cabinetry inspiration that I loved.

Would you ever take off your cabinet doors for a more open and organized kitchen?

xoxo, lauren


Sherin said...

This is actually such a great idea. I definitely would. I love the look of the first one. It's so perfect for summer.

the funky fashionista said...

I would so do this! Lauren, I really want to visit your house because you have all of these amazingly cool interior design ideas! I'm so jealous!

Mugdha said...

I love how yours turned out! Oh man, I don't know if I could do it though. As much as I love the open look, I also love the closed-cabinet, sleek, hide-my-mess look.

Mugdha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Oh, wow, AMAZING idea, Lauren!! I'm not sure how my roommates would feel about it now, but I would definitely do this once I get my own kitchen!! Love what you said about it forcing you to keep your shelves organized too ^_^

Suzie Thomas said...

Many families gather in the kitchen countertops and it is truly the focal point of the home. Other people only use the kitchen for cooking and want to focus improvements on function and efficiency. The first step to improving your kitchen is to determine which type of person you are and plan accordingly.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin