Friday, January 6, 2012

Try this Trend: Tortoiseshell & Camel

When I was home for the holidays, my sister scheduled me a much needed hair appointment. No excuses she said, I needed to take some time for taking care of myself. I love the dark, rich shade I walked out of the salon with, it's perfect for winter.

Allie gave me the white Michael Kors watch in the picture for Christmas & I borrowed her tortoiseshell bracelet so much she ended up giving it to me. Obviously, she's the best little sister ever :)


One of the combos I'm loving lately is a mix of camel & tortoiseshell. Both are very classic and I love how when paired together they look perfectly modern. Camel heels have leg lengthening super powers when paired with a LBD & the tortoise watch is the perfect everyday accessory.

Latest Lust: Camel & Tortoise

As if you needed any more convincing to rock some tortoiseshell; check out Olivia Palermo looking incredibly chic in her sunglasses!


xoxo, lauren


13 comments:

Leia said...

Lauren I LOOVE your new hair! And I adore tortoiseshell too, I have a pair of TS rimmed sunglasses which I love :)

Leia

Sherin said...

You definitely have an amazing sister. I love your new hair and the watch/bracelet are so pretty.

Kelly said...

I LOVE IT!!! I love your new hair!!! It really makes your eyes pop!! Beautiful bestie, beautiful.

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

Love the combo, and your hair looks great!!

chillairandperfume said...

I love tortoise shell anything & everything. Love the bracelet!

xo,
Hannah
www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

What Is The New Black said...

I love the dark shade too. It looks great!

Ashley @ Apparel Addiction said...

I love your hair color, and tortoiseshell is so chic!

the funky fashionista said...

I love your new hair color! It looks amazing on you! I'm not sure how I feel about tortoiseshell. It has never really been something I liked.

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Chanel Tonè said...

I will definitely give this trend a try! I love those bracelets!!

I love your blog and I love your style! I would love to have you as a follower of the Style~ Spotlighted and of course I will gladly return the gesture ;)

Stay FABulous!
http://stylespotlighted.blogspot.com

alliefelix said...

Love you sissy! you look beautiful. i <3 tortoise shell

Amanda said...

Your new hair color looks fantastic! I actually dyed my hair dark over the holidays too, and I love it!

Camel and tortoiseshell is a combination I hadn't really thought of, but is so perfect together!

Super cute bracelet too! Your sister sounds pretty awesome ^_^

http://geekyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Jadeandlyla2 said...

hey luvvv ur blog! those glasses are super cute& ur hair looks great :)

Nia Hankenhof said...

Love the hair Lauren! Gorgeous!

Freelycourageous.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin