Friday, February 10, 2012

Latest Lust: Layered Shirts; Preppy with a Twist

One of my favorite looks lately is a layered shirt with a pop color sweater, or vice-versa. With it being a chilly February, I'm so anxious to break out spring clothes, but it's too cold. So, I've settled for injecting color and pattern yet still staying warm with this layered style. Some of my favorite bloggers have been spotted wearing this look lately.


I normally don't like the way button downs look at me, but this a new way to wear a classic wardrobe item. You can even experiment layering a sweater over a shirt dress or a sheer blouse with a colorful or novelty printed sweater.

Get the Look: layered shirts & sweaters

Preppy styling has definitely seen a revival lately. If that's not your style try the trend out wearing a brightly colored button down or intarsia sweater and some statement jewels for a look that's all your own.

Would you wear this look?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

13 comments :

lisa said...

Yes I would! In fact, I've already worn it, not once but twice.

Audrey_Diamonds said...

I worn the trend! http://blackblogofstyle.blogspot.com/2012/02/le-foto-sulla-neveda-perfetta-fashion.html

Xoxo ☺ said...

Yes I have & I still do, it has always been one of my favorite styles! Xo

Sherin said...

Such a cool look. I definitely need to try it.

Mugdha said...

Okay, I had no idea I loved this look until this post. It's just the perfect bit of casual and classy and it's great!!

Kelly said...

I was wondering what i'd wear today and now I know. Thanks LPF! xo PS please call me and tell me all about your trip to Disney!

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

I would wear this look a million times over.

Mich and Kris said...

Loving the layered shirt look! I will definitely rock this trend :)

Kristina,
MK Style Diaries

Anonymous said...

AWSM

Fashion is my Passion said...

Wow

el.vi. said...

I love this but when I try it...it makes me look puffy...maybe I need to get the sizing right...haha :-)

Stefanie Grace said...

I really love this look! But I can't always pull it off. the sweater needs to have a little room in it to take the shirt underneath! I'll keep at it! :)

Kirsty Denison said...

I love this look with an almost silk-effect shirt so the line of the jumper isn't ruined...

ps. love your blog!!

http://www.diaryofasmallgirl.co.uk/