Thursday, February 2, 2012

LPF Guide to: Traveling in Style

Tomorrow I'm jetting off to Florida for a long weekend of warm weather & fun in the sun. With the dreariness we've had the past couple of weeks, I can't wait for a little escape! When it comes to traveling, comfort rules, but style prevails. I'm always that girl in the security line that takes 5 minutes to take off all her bracelets (sorry!).

LPF Guide to: Traveling in Style

Some of my favorite travel tips are:
  • Bringing a scarf because planes always get so chilly.
  • Packing a spare pair of clothes and some make-up in your carry on in case a checked bag gets lost (this happened to me in Milan while studying abroad!)
  • Bring your own snacks, planes rarely give out more than peanuts during flights these days.
  • A brightly colored suitcase or luggage tag makes it easy to spot on the conveyor belt.
  • Invest in an IPAD or kindle (i'm a proud new owner). It's the perfect travel accessory. It's so nice not to have to lug around 10 pounds of fashion magazines!
Kate Spade has a pinterest (yay!) & their travel colorfully board is full of great wanderlust inspiration:


Bon Voyage! Where would you like to take your next trip to?

xoxo, lauren

12 comments:

Kellie Huish said...

Where is the colorful carry on from?

lauren @ lapetitefashionista said...

the weekender bag is from Accessorize, so cute right??

http://www.accessorize.com/en/restofworld/miami-stripe-weekender/invt/18920899/?bklist=icat,4,shop,bagshop,bagshopbags

All my collages are clickable and take you to polyovre where you can see where each item is from :D

the funky fashionista said...

I love your tips for traveling in style! That colorful carry-on is too cute and so are those leopard print sandals!

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Sherin said...

Hope you enjoy your trip. And thanks for the great travelling tips. I learnt my lesson about carrying extra clothes! I had a stopover, which ended up being 20 hours long, and I had no spare clothes!

Lindsay said...

Love that carry on. I never travel without a scarf. Or socks!

Stefanie Grace said...

Completely agree with the scarf thing. It's perfect cos it's light too.

Where is the dress from? I really like it! :) xx

Lauren said...

haha i always seem to be wearing tons of jewelry too!

iceland is always a go to, but lately I have been thinking about greece and southwest US

Anonymous said...

Nice outfit combination! BUT I wouldn't travel in a dress and sandals, airplanes are too cold even going to Hawaii! I love the colorful bag.

Leia said...

Hope you have a great trip, Lauren! Love your travel tips & agree with them all.

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

Jealous!

LyddieGal said...

those sandals are so cute! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Chic on the Cheap

bali villas said...

These all collection is perfect for travel. This is give a good guides to buy it. I like to get a good collection. It is interesting post.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin