Sunday, February 19, 2012

a Southern Soiree

My birthday is an entire month away still, but, I can't help but dream up what kind of celebration I'd like to have this year. I absolutely love living in the Midwest, but sometimes I miss things about the South (best bbq ever, being able to say y'all without anyone looking at me funny, and warm weather to name a few). So, I think for my 23rd birthday, I'd like to bring a taste of Southern living to my friends up here.


These are some of my inspirations for a Southern Soiree:
  • Bandanna table runners for a buffet of southern favorites
  • Mini bbq pork sliders,  mac & cheese bites & personal pecan pies 
  • Chalkboard with a menu of southern favorites
  • Drinks served in mason jars with chalkboard tags to write your name
  • A rope sign with the birthday girl's name (a girl can dream right?!)
  • Other ideas include: line dancing lessons, a country music playlist & corn hole game

I also have a drink recipe card for the perfect beverage of the evening:

recipe via Bobby Flay

What would your dream birthday party theme be?

xoxo, lauren


Larissa said...

I've never had that ice tea but I'll be trying that recipe! Hope you have a great party! xo

Julye said...

looks delicious, will try soon!!! very nice blog!

Kimberly said...

You know, I had the same craving for Southern cooking!

...and I'm a Northerner. But after two trips to TN/SC last year, I'm hooked.

Sara. said...

This looks so fun and yummy:).

Laura [Beauty & the Beard] said...

Hahaha I've suddenly picked up the "y'all" down here and when I talk to my family they tease me!! That pecan pie looks amaaaazing

Bonnie said...

It is never too early to start thinking about your birthday!
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Splendid Little Thrills said...

Something that is southern and super easy to make is mini-muffeletas. They are delicious sandwiches and we have them everywhere in Louisiana. Also, mustard potato salad and bbq baked beans. Really bbq anything! Have fun planning!

Daynah said...

i think it is really fatting, i dont know if i will make it

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin