Friday, March 23, 2012

LPF's Guide to: DIY Herb Gardens

In becoming a "Domestic Goddess in-training", I've been cooking and experimenting with new recipes quite a bit. It seems like I'm constantly buying fresh herbs from the grocery store. My boyfriend's mom has a garden where she gets a ton of herbs and fruits and veggies farm to table. I love the idea of being able to do that even in a small or urban space with these DIY herb gardens (some even fit on a kitchen counter!). 


And, if you need some cooking inspiration try some of these recipes using garden fresh herbs! I can't wait to get started on my little herb garden.

LPF Guide to : Cooking with Fresh Herbs

Why don't you... use cilantro in pico de gallo with tortilla chips, rosemary in a summery lemonade, dill in a Greek chicken souvlaki wrap, or basil in Pioneer Woman's lemon basil chicken pasta (i've made it; it's delicious!)

Do you have a small garden or keep fresh herbs in your kitchen?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

4 comments:

Laura [Beauty & the Beard] said...

mmm this all just makes me crave farmers market saturdays on the capitol in madison!

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

such a brilliant idea! I love to use herbs in my meals. the glass jars are a great idea.
I’m giving away a leather and sterling silver jewelry piece this week. Don't miss it, darling!

Grace @ ViX Swimwear said...

Now I regret not buying the mini herb set from Restoration Hardware!

Lindsey Pinkowsky said...

All such great ideas! We have a vegetable garden in our yard but didn't get around to doing herbs. I love All the ideas you have here. Thanks for the inspirations!