Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Interior Design Trends: Abstract Art

One of the interior design trends I've noticed lately are large abstract art on canvas in modern rooms, definitely a Kelly Wearstler trademark! I think it's a timeless look for any interior decor style, and I love the paintings that perfectly tie together all the colors in the room. 

These are some of my favorite examples of statement making abstract wall art:

Photobucket
via interior designer Barrie Benson

Photobucket
the color in this is just amazing

Photobucket
this painting reminds me of a desert sunset

Photobucket
Make sure you check out the rest of the home tour here; seriously beautiful!

Photobucket
This purple-y painting is the perfect complement to a lilac living space

Photobucket
The pineapple lamp paired w/ pink abstract painting= perfection

Photobucket
a Kelly Wearstler room- who has undoubtedly has started the abstract painting craze

It's next on my project to DIY on a blank canvas with acrylic paints! I love that it doesn't require painting within the lines!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

14 comments :

Kelly said...

That would be so fun! Next time we see each other let's make it a plan to buy wine and paint, then go to town on some canvas! Maybe even spill a little wine on it too haha

chillairandperfume said...

I don't generally love (or even like, haha) abstract art, but the pieces you've shown here are super cute!

xo,
Hannah
www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

New layout is beautiful!!!!! Really love it!

Laura [Beauty & the Beard] said...

i just tried making a few abstract pieces the other night (terrible pics on twitter, you can see for yourself) and it was surprisingly harder than i thought it would be!! finding the right balance of color and everything to make it look effortless was tricky...can't wait to see what you come up with!!

cheap rayban sunglasses said...

Nice pictures, very clever idea!

Stefanie Grace said...

Oh my gosh! I just clicked through to your blog and bloglovin and i LOVE the new design! SO pretty!

And pic no4 is killing me... Why can't I live there?! x

Fashion Apparel T Shirt OR Tees said...

oh wow really nice one it is look like they have good collection of antiques nice post.......

Julie K. said...

I'm glad that having real art in your home is making a comeback. I couldn't look at another 100th print of a really common picture that was hanging in other 50 homes somewhere around the city. These paintings all look amazing.

Interior Design Maestro said...

The use of pastels to create contrasting compositions really makes the scenery look tasteful and delicate, yet homey and inviting. Thank for the post, it really grabbed my attention.

Abstract Wall Art said...

I love the purple pastel look - it is so dreamy and perfect against white walls.

Artist Renae Schoeffel said...

I love your blogspot! I am an abstract artist as well. Let me know what you think of my work. I would love to hear your thoughts:)
Thanks,
Renae
www.RenaeSchoeffelArt.blogspot.com

Blake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blake said...

A perfect mixture and blend of colors and shapes makes up a dazzling abstract design. What makes it a good design for a workspace is that its illusory effect relaxes the mind, and drives us out of stress, even for just a while. This is the reason why it is best to incorporate abstract paintings in offices.

-Blake Mitchell

painting contractors Denver said...

These are really wonderful and I do believe that several homeowners will learn so much from these. Thank you for these insights. These are indeed very useful. Bright tones as well as dark shades will certainly match with grey which makes interior designing easier. Thank you for sharing all these ideas.