Sunday, April 29, 2012

Beachy Summer Hair & Makeup Tutorial

I never consider myself much of an expert on hair and makeup, but I do have a signature summer look that is my go-to. I love some bronzer, shimmery eyeshadow, subtle & somewhat messy waves and a boho braid. It's easy to do, it's very me and it goes with anything that I'm wearing!


In my four years of blogging I rarely do any video blogs or tutorials, so when GHD asked me to do a hair tutorial, I immediately took them up! They're a great place to buy hair products online. Check out my how-to to get this boho, beachy summertime hair & makeup look for yourself!



Oh geeze, I'm such a dork on camera & do you know how scary it is to go make-upless on camera? Also, the song in the background is one of my favorite summery surfery tunes ("Falling" by Iration) in case you were wondering!

Here is the DIY for Beach Hair Spray I mentioned in the video:

DIY Beachy Hair Spray

What's your go to hair & makeup routine during the summertime?


xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

15 comments :

Lindsay said...

You do so well on camera, and you look perfect without makeup! Love the final look!

Melissa said...

Lauren you are too cute! Loved your video :) I like to go for natural make up and beachy waves as well...I'm ALWAYS trying to find new ways to improve my beachy waves so I'm definitely going to try this DIY spray!

Caitlin C. said...

You are the cutest thing ever! I LOVE the video. And you look beautiful without makeup! I couldn't even tell. I love doing beach waves for summer!

Sherin said...

Love the hair and make up tutorial!! You should definitely do more videos. I can't wait to try the hair style, and I love ghd's heat protector as well.

Mugdha said...

Love this look! Also, I'm totally digging this song! Very beachy.

the funky fashionista said...

I really liked this video! You should consider doing more of them because you are great on camera!

elvi said...

Oohhh sooo love the hair and it is so easy! Great tips!

Blogspot Mastery said...

You look so gorgeous on that make up!

Rachel Amy said...

i love your hair in this picture! you've come such a long way with your hairstyling skilzzz! xxx

Flavia Flanders said...

You look so cute! Great post :)
www.flaviaflanders.com
Fringe Indie Magazine

Alicia said...

Awe you're so adorable! Loved this little tutorial!

Leia said...

Lauren you are adorable! And you look just as beautiful without make up. I absolutely love this look!

Ashley Aspinwall said...

Just discovered your blog and i am officially obsessed! I'm pretty sure I have been reading for 30 minutes and am nowhere close to done : ) Following for sure!

xo SideSmile,
Ashley

sidesmilestyle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Can you just use the beach spray to put the waves in your hair?

The Bridal Hair Workshop said...

You here gave new innovation and examples of beauty tips that are very useful for brides.
Bridal Hair Course Melbourne