Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Try this Trend: Chic Cutouts

Today's outfit felt like the perfect preppy springtime ensemble. I picked up this navy & green striped tank for $12 this weekend and paired it w/ a denim jacket & white lace skirt from last spring. I started a clothing rack of my favorite spring dresses + accessories that make it oh-so-easy to get dressed in the morning!

rugby stripes & lace skirt

rack of spring dresses

love the cutouts!

Dresses with cutouts on the back are one of my favorite spring trends. It's one of those looks that's a great wear-to-work AND happy hour looks. Just wear w/ a cardigan or blazer & flats during the day and throw on a pair of heels & statement necklace for evening. 

What's your go-to look for work that you can still wear for post drinks w/ the girls?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

10 comments :

Sammie Louise said...

love the skirt :) xx

the funky fashionista said...

I love your spring dresses and accessories rack! That is such a cute idea! I really want to try it when I'm older and have a place of my own. Cut-outs are one of my favorite trends for spring. Have you seen the bow cut outs? They are the cutest thing ever!

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Sherin said...

It's such a perfect summertime look. I love the white lace skirt, and the cut out on the back of the top looks incredible.

Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl said...

I am obsessed with cut-outs this time of year...so perfect and chic for this season!

xoxo
Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

http://poorlittleitgirl.com

Mugdha said...

Cut-outs are so summery and fun! But I'm always unsure if I can make them work appropriate.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the back of your top... and the lace skirt. So adorable. I have been searching high and low for a white lace skirt... I WILL find one before summer is over! I can't believe you found the shirt for 12 bucks. Great find!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Love your top!

Sara said...

I love the skirt!

Kate said...

Very cute outfit! I also like the yellow cutout dress, so pretty! :)

Nia Sky said...

Lovely outfit.
Cutouts are so hot!

http://cherryfashion-buzz.blogspot.com/

Love,
Nia. x