Monday, May 21, 2012

Bedroom Moodboard: Preppy Boho

I know I've been talking about it forever, but the time is finally (well, almost!) here. I've already been dreaming up ways to decorate my new bedroom. It's so hard for me because I'm one of those people that gets bored and wants to redecorate every few months. I've decided I'd be happiest in a room that's an eclectic but pulled together mix of two styles.

This is the mood board I've come up with as the theme for the room:

Photobucket

get the look: book // duvet cover // sheets //  pineapple // chair // pillow // vase

I've been noticing a lot of bedrooms with what a like to call "preppy boho" decor. It's a combination of chevron stripes and ikat prints, chippendale side tables + sunburst mirrors, printed throw pillows + classic bedding, watercolor prints on the wall + with monogram initals. I would throw in a pinch of surfer girl style!

These are a few of the stylish spaces i find to be totally inspiring "preppy bohemian" :

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some of the designers who do this perfectly are Jamie Meares of Furbish Studio  and Jules Reid! I think this look will be tricky to pull off, but will be SO my style.

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great inspiration! I'm constantly looking for pretty pictures to use as inspiration for my new apartment next year. This is perfect! Count me as your newest follower!

Cheers, Elizabeth @ The Corner Apartment

Grace said...

I've been wanting to update my bedroom for awhile now! This inspired me to use some of these items! Love it!

A Southern Drawl

chillairandperfume said...

preppy boho is the perfect way to describe you, i think :) it's also a great starting point for decor. hubby & i are moving to a new place in july, and i already have the decorating bug so badly!

xo,
Hannah
www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

i cant wait to see how you decorate your new room! i love ikat prints and lots of color

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Love your inspiration!

Jennifer said...

I am such a sucker for the chevron and ikat trends. And sunburst mirrors. And everything else you mentioned in this post. I can't wait to move into my next place so I can completely start over with my decorations!

Daniel Meloy said...

Ah, these are really great ideas! Very inspiring. I think I'd like to do something similar to this myself, but perhaps with slightly cooler colors. Do you think that would look at good? I really like the designs but I prefer slightly calmer color atmospheres. What do you think?

kherb16 said...

question: where is the duvet/comforter on your top moodboard from? Because it's really cool... :)