Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday Farmers Market

One of the things I love most about living in the Madison area is the famous Saturday farmer's market! I love being able to buy fresh produce from local farmers and all of the buzz around the capital. I took advantage of the sunny summer day to pick up some veggies and fruit for a juice cleanse I'm attempting this week (wish me luck!)!

I love any excuse to wear a pair of cutoffs and my favorite fringed cowboy boots, so I wore a boho chic ensemble and my monogrammed tote to carry all of my purchased goodies!


I love that the busiest booth in the entire farmer's market is the cheese booth (would you expect anything else from Wisconsin? ;). I can never resist picking up some fresh herbs, spinach, and bouquet of wildflowers.

What's one of your favorite local summer pastimes?

xoxo, lauren

11 comments:

Hannah said...

i adore your monogramed tote! i definitely need to get one!!!

wtfwhatthefashion.blogspot.com/

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Looks like a lovely day!

Laura [Beauty & the Beard] said...

omg i miss madison farmer's market so much- i need to move back to madison ASAP so we can go together. love that habanero cheese-- and of course love that tote :)

Bostonista said...

I absolutely love going to farmer's markets and it drives me mad that there isn't one close by. Also, the ones around here tend to close at noon and I'm like, I can't get out of the house on a Saturday or Sunday before 11. I just can't. So by the time I arrive the booths are all closing up.
It makes me so sad!

xo

Grace said...

The best part of summer and fall for me is going to the farmers' markets. Locally grown foods are the best. My favorite is actually local honey (I can literally eat honey on ANYTHING, just call me pooh why don't ya.)

I think a monogrammed tote is the only thing that would make this experience better for me. Good call on that one :)

A Southern Drawl

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

I really want to hit the Ann Arbor farmer's market this summer. I bet I could find some cool things there.

Sarah Ennis said...

The farmer's market on a Saturday morning is my favorite. Especially during the summer, they have so many great finds!

Danielle said...

Wow! I'm so jealous that you have that farmer's market! It looks so fun and beautiful, and who doesn't love the opportunity to buy fresh local produce. Your pics are great, by the way. I think it's about time I moved to somewhere with a farmer's market, haha. Thanks for the share!

Anonymous said...

nice posting.. thanks for sharing..

Samantha said...

I adore the Madison farmers market!!! I go almost every Saturday! (I skipped this past weekend since it was a crazy place with Art Fair on the Square too!) Nice to find another Wisconsin blogger!! New follower. :)

Sam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

April S. said...

I'd love it if you'd link up to Farmers Market Fridays! http://aprilscountrylife.blogspot.com/2013/05/farmers-market-friday.html

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin