Thursday, May 17, 2012

Try This Trend: Knotted Maxi Skirts

I did a trend spotting post a while back about the knotted shirt trend (which I'm still loving btw!). Now, a new trend I've noticed popping up are knotted maxi skirts. I personally love this as a petite girl, because then it's not so overwhelming on my frame!
try this trend: knotted maxi skirts
get the look:   tie dye skirt via billabong // coral skirt via swell // tribal skirt via tobi// teal skirt via mango// yellow skirt via asos


Above are some of my favorite colorful skirts for summertime (they're also all super affordable!). I've also seen some stylish trendsetters pull this look off perfectly. Get inspired by the way they wear the knotted maxi skirt trend.





For all of you a little intimidated my maxi skirts (this girl), this is a fun way to wear them! I can already envision myself poolside in of these!

xoxo, lauren

16 comments:

Allison said...

Omg, you've done it again - this is absolutely perfect! And, I just bought a maxi skirt that is way too long, so this is absolutely perfect. Ever since your post on knotting shirts, I've been (attempting to) pull that look off. You never stop giving me inspiration for my looks, doll! xox

Flavia Flanders said...

Love them, super cute and comfy.

www.flaviaflanders.com
Fringe Indie Magazine
FIRST INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Love the knotted skirts!

Grace said...

Knotting it is so smart! Too bad I'm tall that maxis never fit me; they awkwardly end too short.

A Southern Drawl

the funky fashionista said...

Knotting sounds so cool! I like the idea of it because now everyone can see your fabulous shoes. I should try it with my maxi dresses this summer!

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Despina T. said...

it's the first time i see something like it and i think i love it.i like in tops and shirts too.great post!

Janey Moore said...

Very cute, I will have to give this a try!... Maybe I should buy a maxi skirt first.

http://fiveminutefashions.blogspot.com/

chillairandperfume said...

How have I never thought of doing this?! Genius. And so cute.

xo,
Hannah
www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Nicole @ Giraffelegs said...

Super cute idea! This is perfect for me as well because since I'm so tall, sometimes my maxi skirts/dresses don't reach full length. I could easily knot them for a cute, put together look.

Jenn Staz said...

Fun! I am totally more ready to go out and get a maxi skirt. I'm a shortie too, so knotting will be awesome.

Sherin said...

Knotting maxi's is a perfect idea! I'm definitely going to try it this summer.

Anonymous said...

Really cute idea. I like the knots on shorter skirts however.

Carly | a simple affair said...

Absolutely adore this look! Cannot wait to try. Not only is it great for us petite ladies, but it's always fun to show a little leg! xo

Ruth said...

This is a fantastic idea! I like the idea of long skirts, but I usually end up feeling frustrated by how much I feel like they're in my way. I can't wait to try knotting one. I love simple solutions like this to make old clothes more fashionable. I look forward to checking your blog for more ideas =)

Melanie - Scarlett Jewelry said...

I love this idea! Great summer trend! I especially like the layered black and white maxi.

Long Designer Summer Necklace
by Scarlett Jewelry

Olivia said...

loving this look!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin