Tuesday, July 17, 2012

10 Tips for a Better Blog

I often get emails from other bloggers, a lot just starting out, about how to start up & maintain a blog. Trust me, I'm no expert- but I've been doing this for 5 years so I've definitely learned a few things along the way! It's amazing to see how far blogging, particularly fashion blogging has come since LPF got it's start!

I wanted to share a few of my blogging "secrets" to a better blog- though I'm constantly learning!


Some of my favorite blog resources are:

Independent Fashion Bloggers-  A network & tips for fashion bloggers
Pugly Pixel -  photoshop & graphic design freebies & tips
Da Font- free, pretty fonts!
Refinery 29 - for up to date fashion news

Please, share with me what your tips or questions about blogging are!

xoxo, lauren

P.S. How fun is that shot? It's me shooting some editorial images for LPF Mag!
Pin It!

14 comments :

Sherin said...

Great tips Lauren. I've been doing it for a few years now, and I still feel I'm constantly learning.
Thanks for sharing these tips.

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

This is great Lauren! Very helpful. Thank you for the endless support and encouragement with my blog :)

Fabulous Petite said...

Thank you Lauren. I will keep this in mind for I am a newbie to blogging.

xo
Sam

http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

FashionIsMyDayJob said...

Great tips. I will def use these since I am a new fashion blogger as well. Thanks for trying to help others..speaks alot about your character :)
fashionismydayjob.com

becka said...

tnx I needed this post!

xoxo
http://blablabybeck.blogspot.com

Coral said...

Thanks for the tips! I'm just blogging to replace my deactivated Facebook this summer, but a friend of mine wants to start getting serious about it come fall.

Milana - FashionStyleAdvice said...

These are great tips. You should definitely check out HowToMakeMyBlog.com - it's my brother's blog. :) Lots of great tips.

Love your blog!

x Milana

DNA (designers+artists) said...

Great tips!

http://www.designers-artists.com

Grace said...

What great tips! You're blog is awesome, so anything you say, I would definitely follow!

A Southern Drawl

BrittanyBou said...

Thanks Lauren, this info is great since I just started my blog this summer!

Layne Dettor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Layne@LifeinthefastLayne said...

Thanks for the tips Lauren! My blog is very amateur right now and I'm always trying to keep people interested. Can't wait for your magazine!

Dipali patel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi said...

Thanks for the tips! I'm just getting started. I don't have a fashion blog, but I love your style!

http://mommys-love.blogspot.com