Friday, July 13, 2012

Ain't Life Grand?

As promised, here are some snapshots of my summer vacation up at my grandparent's lake in the northwoods, which we affectionately call the "Looney Bin" (because of the loons on the lake, not crazy family members folks ;)! It was the perfect little all-american week and 4th of July!


k's first Looney Bin experience // 4th of July fireworks // sampling the world famous bloody mary from the parade after-party // a waterski show we never miss // my beautiful sister, Allie // pontoon boats & patriotic pennants // a campfire & s'mores // cheese curds & spotted cow at the friday night fish fry // my cousin's sweet kiddies

It was oh-so-nice to have a little getaway and catch up with family! And even stranger that the state I used to visit every summer for the 4th of July is home to me now! Ain't life grand? That's what my gramma always used to say, and I couldn't agree more :)

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

6 comments :

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

So all-american and fun. Also, jealous of the cheese curds!

Sherin said...

Life really is grand!! I love these pictures. Looks like you had a great little getaway. I've always wanted to visit the States, especially during 4th July.

Kultur und Stil said...

That looks like a great vacation, I'd love to go on a typical summer vacation too, but this year, I'll be going only to london..

xxx Anita

chillairandperfume said...

What is that delicious drink you're sipping on?!

Looks like a blast :)

xo,
Hannah
www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Caitlin C. said...

You're having an amazing summer, girl! I love seeing updates via instagram :)

Demmy said...

Looks like you're really having fun! Lovely photos! xoxo Demmy