Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer Slipping Away

I can hardly believe summer is ALMOST over. I have tried to cherish every last warm summer night. I wore this outfit over the weekend for a double date with Laura and her boyfriend. We bonded over our love of wine & statement necklaces and dominated the boys in a game of scrabble. I wore my Swell Caroline necklace and love the transformative powers it has on a casual summery outfit.


It's funny, tribal print is one of those trends I just don't see disappearing anytime soon. Whether it's more ethnic inspired or geometric, there are so many updates in different colors & patterns to keep it looking fresh. 

These are some of the fall tribal prints I'm loving right now-- printed pants, "navajo" sweaters, & bold bags and statement necklaces.

get the look: navajo sweater by spool 72 // statement necklace by kate spade // blouse by quiksilver women // tribal denim mac clutch by rebecca minkoff

I went on a bit of a fall shopping spree last weekend and it's making the idea of slipping into layers and drinking hot apple cider a tad bit more bearable... as does football season, but that's another post! 

What are you going to miss most about Summer?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

12 comments:

Tasha said...

Love the tribal printed crop top! I've been wanting to a similiar crop top but not sure I can pull off the look. You look fabulous though!

Sherin said...

I can't believe summer is nearly over too! I love the necklace. It's an amazing statement piece!

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

Can you come down to FL and go shopping with me and make me outfits like this?! I miss my personal stylist! You look adorable Lauren!

Lindsay said...

I can't believe summer is almost gone either! Trying to soak up every last minute!

Cotton said...

This outfit is too cute!

I believfe tribal/ ethnic prints never really go out of style...they've always been a favorite of mine from season to season. I just love how you take the print from edgy to sweet with the skirt and necklace! It's so cute!

ewsko said...

♥ ♥ ♥ You are incredibly beautiful, cute T-shirt - I like the design! very nicely in this set you :) you have a beautiful smile, and jewelry!

Designer discount dress shirts said...

I just wanted to comment your blog and say that I really enjoyed reading your blog post here. It was very informative and I also digg the way you write! Keep it up and I’ll be back to read more soon mate.

Lauren said...

what a great necklace - i can see how it goes with so many things!

Caitlin C. said...

I am in LOVE with your crop top!! I've been looking for a fun one that I could wear with a bunch of different things. You can pair this with skirts, shorts, skinnies, the list is endless. It looks great on you, too! You're gorgeous, Lauren :)

Seven Thirty Ninety said...

I love all your outfit post!

Jessica
http://seventhirtyninety.blogspot.com/

day dresses said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really eyed reading your blog posts. I love everything in her specially he hair, day dresses etc… I think you look great! Love the crop top and your necklace is fantastic! … I will be back again.

Sarah Ennis said...

Love that sweater so much I just ordered it! Great find!!!