Monday, September 17, 2012

Apple Picking Afternoon

Well, I was already able to cross a few things off my fall bucket list this weekend! My boyfriend's family lives on a lot of untouched land with hundred year old apple trees and enough trails through the woods & countryside to walk for hours.  His mom was nice enough to take a few pictures of our apple picking afternoon on Sunday. Look forward to many apple recipes coming soon!










I feel at home out on the farm! I borrowed an oversized flannel shirt & his mom's cowboy boots for my apple picking ventures since the heels I was wearing just weren't cutting it. I love how perfectly fall these pictures feel. We ended our apple picking labors with a glass of wine (a surprise- hidden in a cold well along the trail) under the old oak trees.  Thank you to my lovely boyfriend for being a good sport!

What's your favorite apple recipe? I'm going to need a few for all these apples! I love that you don't have to worry about pesticides since they all grow naturally there as they have for decades!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

20 comments :

Panty Buns said...

Those apples look scrumptious! What variety are they? My mind went immediately to apple pies and tarts but I'm afraid I haven't done any from-scratch pie-making myself (shame on me). My mum was always baking pies - I should have learned and should try to find her recipes. I love all the photos of you picking the apples with your boyfriend.

Caitlin C. said...

Lauren - these pictures are amazing! This seriously looks like the PERFECT Fall day. I'm so jealous you got to pick apples all day AND drink wine! :)

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

i adore apple picking! these photos are so cute :) ahhhh the relaxing fall i miss so much

pandaphilia style

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

These pictures are beautiful! This looks like so much fun :) I'm sure Kyle's mom has an awesome apple pie recipe! I've made it a few times because Paul is in love with apple pie but I'm still in the learning phases of that recipe haha.

Cotton said...

These photos are precious! And what a fun memory you two have made. Definitely one for the books :)

Carly | a simple affair said...

Oh my gosh, so perfect!! I cannot wait to make apple crisp. My favorite.

Meg {henninglove} said...

apple picking in the fall is one of my favorite activities with my husband! i can't wait to do it again this year. i love your blog, thanks for finding mine so i can find yours back :-)

Rachel said...

These photos are so cute! I'm planning on an apple picking trip in a few weeks with my boyfriend or friends as well.

Life Unsweetened

Kelly said...

Seriously these photos could go in a magazine. I love this post! Hi Kyle!!!!!!

Kelly
http://helloboudreau.blogspot.com

Laura said...

these are even cuter than you described- LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Lisa said...

Good for you for tackling that fall bucket list! Looks like it was a perfect day for apple-picking too.

P.S. I've been lurking on your RSS feed but haven't clicked over to comment in a while. How long have you had the new blog layout? It's adorable.

Sherin said...

I love these pictures. Sounds like so much fun!!! I want to go apple picking now.

Layne @ LifeintheFastLayne said...

I absolutely love your outfit! It's adorable! I've seen some really simple crock pot apple butter recipes lately. Also, home made apple sauce is soo much better than store bought!

t said...

Looks like a fun time!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Head to Toe Chic said...

Such a fun idea!!! I absolutely love the picture of you on his shoulders.

xo,
Angela
headtotoechic.blogspot.com

Stephanie Lam said...

Oh gosh this looks like so much fun!!! :)

-Stephanie
@LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

Franziska said...

You look adorable in that flannel - it's exactly what fall should look like! I'm going apple picking this weekend - I'm so excited!

eliz said...

Beautiful pictures...who knew apple picking would be so much fun. Love the picture with the wine.

Ellen Parlee said...

We just posted some of our favorite apple recipes for after apple picking. Here is the link!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/106394404/What-to-Do-With-All-Those-Apples-after-Going-Apple-Picking

Jennifer Smith said...

You and your boyfriend are so adorable!!