Friday, September 14, 2012

Grilled Cheese, Please!

Ever since it's been starting to feel like fall around here, I've been wanting warm & delicious comfort foods. Lately, grilled cheese has been my go-to for a simple but yummy meal. I love the idea of taking a simple meal and making it a little bit more gourmet by switching up the cheeses & accompaniments. 

There are a few of my favorite gourmet grilled cheese combos that i'm wanting to try:



Interested in making one of these gourmet grilled cheese for yourself-- here are links to the recipes:

-Caprese Grilled Cheese: This sandwich has italian flavors- basil, mozzarella & tomato
-Gruyere & Green Apple Grilled Cheese- the perfect mix of sweet & savory
-Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese: Spicy jalapeno & creamy cheese in sandwich form
-Bacon, Peach, Gouda Cheese Grilled Cheese- bacon and melty cheesy goodness.. need I say more

P.S. I think I can call myself an official Wisconsinite once I write a blog post that revolves around cheese! ;)

What's your go-to comfort food when it's chilly outside?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

17 comments:

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

I think the upcoming LPFMag might have some delicious comfort foods for when it's chilly outside ;)

Lindsey Anne | pinklet and c said...

Yum! That jalapeƱo popper one sounds amazing!

Cotton said...

Have you ever made grilled cheese on Texas Toast? It is phenomenal but a very rare treat for me!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Gruyere & Green Apple Grilled Cheese sounds awesome!

la petite fashionista said...

omg, that sounds AMAZING!

Caitlin C. said...

I make a caprese grilled cheese in my mini George Foreman... it is SO. GOOD. OMG. And now I'm dying to try the other recipes you've listed!

Laura said...

tell emily our next party needs to be a grilled cheese party!!!!!!!!!

Alexa said...

Love me a fancy grilled cheese sandwich. How about brie??

luxury apartments buenos aires said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
smk053078 said...

Okay, you are a girl after my own heart!!!!!! I will eat any kind of cheese known to man. All of these options are making my mouth water! I am bookmarking this post!! YUMMO!!
xo,
Shanna

Layne @ LifeintheFastLayne said...

These look delicious! When it's cold outside I like to drink lots of coffee and eat lots of soup!

chillairandperfume said...

I love grilled cheese (well, anything cheesy, really)! I just had one yesterday, actually. These variations sound delish - I especially want to try the jalapeno popper one!

xo,
Hannah
www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

So, I happen to love your blog. I am your newest follower.

Cheese, beer, brats, and the Green Bay Packers = true Wisconsinite :)

P.S. - Mind sharing what program you use to share those fun graphics/collages? Love 'em! Happy weekend dear!

ba san said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
{av} | {long distance loving} said...

this post cracked me up and made me hungry ;) thanks for that! haha. I love adding pesto and proscuitto to my grilled cheese--it makes me happy all the time, especially when I need comfort food. happy weekend! xoxo {av}

Lauren said...

yuummmooo! these make me want to tomato soup to go along with!

Franziska said...

I didn't realize you live in Wisconsin - where at?! I'm in Madison :D