Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stylish Not Spooky Halloween Costumes

Okay, maybe it's barely October but I'm one of those people that loves all things Halloween. Really, it's any excuse to get all dressed up and eat too much candy corn. I've never been much of a "sexy costume" kind of girl, it's just not me, especially now that I'm not in college anymore. 

That's why I've rounded up some of my favorite picks for stylish not spooky Halloween costumes!

Stylish not Spooky Halloween Costumes

I like to go for famous glamour girl celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, Holly Golightly or Jackie O. Other favorite costumes include fashion through the decades like poodle skirts from the fifties, fringed flappers from the 1920's, disco divas, or the iconic Ginger spice.

What's your favorite Halloween Costume you've ever had?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

8 comments :

Katie said...

The Jackie O. idea is so cute! It would be fun to get a group of girls and dress as the Spice Girls :).
xo,
Katie
www.toliveforstyle.com

Caitlin C. said...

Loooove the Jackie O one! That pink suit is darling. It looks very Elle Woods-esque. These are all great ideas!! I've always been one to dress up as something funny rather than sexy. Just not my style!

Anna Bellaconscience said...

cute post..holly gollightly gets me each time!

bellaconscience.blogspot.com

Jane said...

My favourite of the stylish Halloween costumes is always Marie Antoinette. You can find so many different variations to this classic icon. They are all so beautiful. Gorgeous colours, elegant shapes, sexy or sophisticated this costume always rocks! I want to wear a different one every year!

http://www.savvy-sex-tips.com/slutty-halloween-costumes.html

I posted this link not because of the slutty gear but because of the gorgeous Marie Antoinette costume at the bottom.

Jeetly petite said...

I love the jackie O, the shades are a must. Would mix it up however with a nice scarf and better shoes
www.jeetly.com

Layne @ LifeintheFastLayne said...

I'm pretty excited to be Sandy from the end of Grease this year! I really like the Jackie O costume too!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Fabulous ideas! Love the Jackie O.

Cotton said...

In early elementary school, my mom homemade a sailor moon costume for me that was, to the tee, a perfect replica of her outfit! Added in my long blonde pigtails and I thought I was the coolest kid in the neighborhood!