Monday, October 15, 2012

Try this Trend: Gingham for Fall

There's something about gingham that just feels so fall- in a red and white check it feels summery and reminiscent of picnic blankets and lazy afternoons- but in winter, when layered on with autumnal brights or chunky knits it feels just right too.

I scored this gingham button down at a thrift store a while back and i love pairing it with bold pants for fall!



I've come up with a few great ways to wear one of our favorite prints all season long. I love the idea of layering it with a sweater & boyfriend jeans, pairing a gingham skirt with a sequined sweater and a gingham top with coordinating cardigan and bold colored pants. 

i love gingham


Ok, how amazing are those yellow pants?! I think I definitely need some to brighten up my fall wardrobe.

What's your favorite way to pair prints in the fall?

xoxo,  lauren

11 comments:

Panty Buns said...

Those jeans are a lovely fall colour and contrast beautifully with your blazer. All of the gingham looks nice too. As for my favourite way to wear prints for this fall, at the slow rate I'm getting things done I'll feel like I accomplished something if I get any coordinated outfit together - I'd be very lucky to get a Halloween costume together and to hopefully be ready for the upcoming winter.

Sherin said...

You look absolutely stunning in the picture. You hair is looking particularly gorgeous. I really like gingham but don't wear it enough!

Rachel said...

I love those pants!

Life Unsweetened

Cotton said...

They had some really great gingham tops at JCPenny, of all places, this weekend. The perfect basics to throw into your wardrobe!

I am totally in love with the collar on that ginghamg shirt you have--very femme fun!

Rev said...

simply love your space Lauren!

chillairandperfume said...

You already know I love gingham! But I also looove your brown pants & blazer. So perfectly fall.

xo,
Hannah
www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

I love the color of your pants - i definitely need some more gingham in my life

cannot wait for the new LPF mag!

Katy / Floral Mess said...

I don't have anything in gingham, but I'm a little tempted to buy something now. Also, love the jeans in the first pic!

Just Me aghan said...

I love your look, those jeans are a great shade. I found you from a pin by Glamour on Pinterest. Lovely blog, I'm surely your newest follower. :)
http://justmeaghan.com

AngelaandRoi said...

Love the looks! They are vibrant but also perfect for fall!
www.AngelaandRoi.com

Nathyness said...

Whoa, did not know that Toms made those cute wedge boots!

Count me in as your newest follower. :)

xo,
-Nathy
http://earnestyle.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin