Sunday, November 25, 2012

DIY Engagement Gift: Chalkboard Wine Glasses

When my best friend, Jocelyn facetimed me last weekend with her long-time boyfriend at her side I just knew that he had popped the question! We have been besties since elementary school and grew up looking at bridal magazines and gossiping about boys so I couldn't be more excited for her engagement!

I wanted to DIY her and her fiancee a gift to help celebrate, even though I'm hundreds of miles away. So, I made a pair of chalkboard stem wine glasses and a couple of mini-bottles of celebratory wine!

I love the idea of being able to change up what's written on the wine glasses, from pet names to wedding dates. It's such a simple & fun DIY, perfect for engagement gifts, wedding gifts, or birthdays! Pick out a couple of mini bottles or champagne to accompany the gift (i found a ton at World Market!).

I also have to share this adorable shot from her engagement!

photo from: looking glass photography

Her future hubby hired a photographer to capture the moment (brownie points Paul!). Everyone be sure to congratulate Jocelyn on her engagement and visit her cooking blog, Saucy Jocey's Kitchen!

xoxo, lauren


Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

Lauren I love you!!! Thank you! I'm so excited to get those wine glasses in the mail they are adorable! <3 :)

Cotton said...

SO excited for Joce! The pictures on FB were too cute!! yay!

Meg {henninglove} said...

i agree major brownie points for hiring a photographer to secretly shoot your engagement, score!! and what a cute DIY to celebrate their engagement i need to try chalk board paint

Suzanne DeVaux said...

Such a cute shot! Love this DIY :)

Allie Felix said...

LOVE THIS! The glasses are adorable and I think I will definitely be making some for DIY Christmas gifts, too! xoxo

Caitlin C. said...

These glasses are ADORABLE!! What an awesome idea. And I love the picture of the engagement - so so precious!!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

These are so so cute! I will be keeping them in mind for the next friend to get engaged.
It's the perfect gift!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin