Saturday, November 24, 2012

Working out in Style

After a weekend of spending time with family and eating delicious food and drinks non-stop, let's just say I'm ready for some detox. With my trip home to Florida in less than a month, I need to kick up fitness + nutrition for the holidays. 

When it comes to workouts, I feel much more productive when I'm wearing cute workout clothes. I think any fellow FSU girls can probably relate, after spending a few semesters at our campus gym full of beautiful people! I have a groupon for a local yoga studio I'm excited to try out.

get the look: working out in style

get the look:  new balance running shoe // lululemon groove pant // blue sports bra// mint sports bra// tie dye hair ties // tie-dye yoga mat carrier // chevron stripe yoga mat//  purple nike running shorts// lime nike running shorts // camelbak water bottle // keep calm dance on bottle // vitamix blender// mint nike running shoes //  luna bar // hand weights // 

I love my luna bars to start the day, but I'd love to splurge on a vitamix for daily smoothies. I'm also loving brightly colored running shoes and reusable water bottles. I've also heard nothing but good things about the lululemon pants (anyone know how these would be on a petite girl?) 

 I personally like classes to keep me motivated, but I also love Karena + Katrina -the girls from Tone It Up- and the fitness routines and inspiration they provide. I also think the key to a great workout is a good playlist.  The 8tracks + Songza apps are pretty much on constant rotation on my iphone. 

How do you stay motivated to keep up fitness and nutrition routines?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

10 comments:

Sherin said...

These are such cute work out looks. I'm definitely more motivated to work out while wearing something nice.

Katy said...

I love this post! Everything's so cute, and it reminds me that I should probably go do something other than oogling at blogs on my computer all day :p


~ Katy
http://floralmess.blogspot.co.uk

Marguerite Walters said...

OMG OMG LOVE THIS POST!!!!!!! Everything is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

I keep myself motivated by signing up for runs (5ks and 8ks) every few months. When you register for a run you have to set your estimated time - I always tell them something a bit faster than what I'm able to do, so I have something to work towards on race day! Since I'm a newbie (and slow!) there's lots of room for improvement in my time.

natalienoods said...

As a 5'2'' girl who LOVES lulu, I can attest they are fine on petite girls!! When I bought my first pair of pants (the groove pants), I was concerned about the length and stepping on the hem of such expensive pants. However, the salesgirl let me know that they did free hemming at a sister store (this was in NYC)! You should definitely ask about it, the salespeople at lulu are so lovely and they LOVE their brand. Also, lulu has tons of good crops! :)

ChicStreetChoc Eriel said...

Very cute post!love this!
that's amazing!Love your sense of style!!
CHIC STREET CHOC
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Cute! I've been wanting to try lululemon pants, too.

Anouka said...

I'm not very motivated at the moment... I want to change this though!

Stefanie Grace said...

Great work Lauren! What is keeping me going is the fact that I don't want Jan 1st to be a super huge turn-around...! Imagine being in shape for Christmas, some great photos and then just a couple of extra pounds on by New Year! Wahey!

fatima said...

I adore the Toneitup girls! I've just recently started eating healthier and exercising more and I love it. Though, I must admit, I do not really 'look my best' while working out - my workout clothes are really sloppy looking! This lovely collage is such a colorful inspiration. I'm going to go check out cute workout clothes now!

Love, Fatima (fashionpilgrim)
Twitter: @fashpilgrim
Instagram: @fashionpilgrim