Monday, December 10, 2012

Try this Trend: Colorful Plaid & Statement Necklaces

One of my go-to outfits lately has been throwing on a colorful paid shirt & statement necklace- if i'm feeling extra bold, a pair of  mint cords too! I love the combination of all of my favorite fall trends into one brightly hued outfit!



Check out my daily outfits on my la petite fashionista instagram!

This is my favorite interpretation of the plaid & statement necklace look- so simple, but boldly styled!  The trick to wearing this trend is to either pick a neutral colored statement necklace, or one that ties into one of the colors in the plaid. 

try this trend: colorful plaid & statement necklaces


What's your favorite plaid pick? And admit it- how big is your statement necklace collection? (I love them! such an easy way to dress up an outfit).

xoxo, lauren

13 comments:

Sherin said...

I definitely want to try this! I think it's a great combination.

Carol Li said...

What a great styling post. The key to making this look work is to add a neutral necklace or pick a necklace in one of the colours in the plaid shirt.

www.petitestyleonline.com

Cotton said...

This trend is so you! Love the two center options the most!!

michele said...

i do love a statement necklace!

if you haven't already stopped by, it would be a pleasure to have you take a peek at my giveaway: http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

i hope you win!

michele

Meg {henninglove} said...

ooh i love this!! i just bought a plaid shirt last week and i have plenty of statement necklaces to go with it cant wait to wear them together

The Funky Fashionista said...

I really want to try this trend out! I love statement necklaces and bright, fun colors.

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

I loveee all your Instagram pictures with your daily outfit posts. You look amazing and I love this trend!

Karen A. said...

Love all the plaid!!

http://www.teenyhippie.com/

Maya {CharminglyStyled} said...

This is such a cute idea! I love mixing bright colors together - so I'm going to have to try some fun plaid soon!

Also, I have no idea what I'm doing for New Years yet, only that I will be wearing a sparkly dress and heels {so hopefully I have somewhere to go, whoops!}

xx,
Maya

Laura said...

You are always so bright! Love it. I love the red and blue (#2) look - totally something i'd wear!

smk053078 said...

Love it!!! You always put the best stuff together!!! I am off to copy this!!

Lindsay said...

Lauren, I don't remember how the hell I even found your blog, but I am so happy I did, I love it!

Ruth said...

This is a fabulous look! I love patterns and I love bright jewelry, so I love the idea of combining two of my favorite fashion looks. You picked some great example shirts--they look so comfy! Surprisingly enough, I don't have a huge number of statement necklaces. Oh well; just one more excuse to go shopping =)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin