Saturday, January 12, 2013

French Press Mornings are the Best Kinds of Mornings

I spent this Saturday morning doing two of the the things I enjoy most, drinking coffee and working on the blog. I am determined to learn how to use my Canon Rebel and took some shots this morning while going through our Saturday ritual of making coffee. On weekends we like to use the french press (& then I proceed to add excessive amounts of creamer).

Photobucket

There is something so artful and decidedly European about the french press. During the work week I need instant gratification and turn to my Keurig coffee maker. But on Saturdays when you take the time to brew the water, anxiously wait to let the coffee steep and pour your perfect cup-- it makes it taste that much better.
Photobucket

I can't wait to spend many more Saturdays drinking coffee and experimenting with my new Canon Rebel (thank you a million mom & dad). Does anyone have any great sites they use for photography tutorials and tips? I'd be greatly appreciate it!

Have a wonderful, french press-paced weekend-- take time to enjoy the little things!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

6 comments:

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

The pictures look lovely Lauren!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Yummy pictures!

Tara Reynolds said...

Great Pics!
- www.thestylemanner.blogspot.com

Caitlin C. said...

SO excited for you and your new camera!! Having a nice camera can make such a difference. It gets me motivated to go out and take pictures! :)

Lauren said...

Here is a tutorial I pinned awhile ago that I want to go through (once a get a new camera):

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/photography-tutorial-a-quick-guide-to-understanding-your-digital-slr-camera.html

Also have this one for a Stanford photography course that is available online....looks pretty in depth:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/courses/cs178-11/

stephanie schuurman said...

i am obsessed wit french press coffee! i'm the same as you though - don't usually have time on weekdays to make it but whenever i do it is always my first choice of brewing

i got a cannon rebel too and really need to learn how to use all he functions - excited to get better at it :)

xo
www.fitfashionista.com