Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Inspired by: The Great Outdoors

Although so many have flipped the switch to spring-- it's still really freaking cold in Wisconsin. So as much as I'd like to dream about sundresses and floral prints. Being cooped inside all winter has me itching to go outside and explore the Great Outdoors - or at least curl up in front of a fireplace with a good book!


The winter weather outside has me very inspired by rustic imagery; mountains, lakes, and gorgeous log cabins. These pieces all evoked the perfect feeling of being outside in the crisp winter air, packing some hot cocoa & home elements inspired by nature.

Try this Trend: Rustic Chic

get the look: quiksilver sweater // thermos // deer pillow // deer cosmetic bag // ceramic mug // high heeled hiking boots // wood block cutting board // hiking backpack // pine candle // buffalo plaid chair

These pictures are so inspiring- they make me want to take a snowy hike in my own backyard or maybe even just curl up with some hot cocoa and a warm plaid blanket. I am obsessed with the image with the big outdoor entertaining area overlooking the mountains!

Photobucket
via

Photobucket
via

Photobucket
via

Photobucket
via 

Photobucket
 via

Photobucket
via

Are you feeling as inspired by these beautiful images as I am?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

7 comments :

Megha Varshini said...

love love the boots..

megha
http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

Sara Louise said...

Love all of the images, love them! They make me want to curl up in cozy slipper socks in front of a fire :)
And I'm seriously crushing on that Quicksilver hoodie.

Sherin said...

I do love the great outdoors. These pictures are perfect!

Amanda said...

yes. I looove those pictures. I want to teleport to a log cabin, curl up with a book and some tea and stare out the window at snowcapped mountains. Oh that just sounds perfect! And I love that 'rustic chic' look.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

SO beautiful! I'm a SoCal girl, so I liked to admire winter and snow from afar, but it's so pretty! We def don't have outdoors like this nearby :)

Loving the collage too. Makes me want to spend time in a cabin!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

love, love, love that buffalo check chair!! I need buffalo check somewhere in my home soon.

Lauren said...

i actually love winter - i dont want to rush in spring as well!