Thursday, January 10, 2013

Latest Lust: Beautiful Bookcases

Anyone who follows me on pinterest probably knows that I have a major love of beautiful bookcases. I like to collect design books and I drive my boyfriend crazy by spending way too long perusing the used books section of the thrift store, hunting for treasures.

There are a few key pieces to building a beautiful bookcase besides a fabulous collection of books of course- I'm loving these decor items to dress up the display.  There's definitely an art to bookcase styling!

how to: build a beautiful bookcase

get the look: bookcase via IKEA // ginger jars via C. Wonder // agate bookends via HSN // laquer boxes via One Kings Lane // paperweight via Shop Furbish // elephant figure via Target // chevron frame via Z. Gallerie 

the books: Fashion of the 20th Century // Kate Spade Things We Love // Just Being Audrey // New York Times 36 Hours in Europe // Gypset Travel 

These are a few of the pictures I have saved away for my future home (someday!). I've always wanted to be like Belle in Beauty and the Beast and have a tall ladder and a big library full of books to explore.

Photobucket
via

Photobucket
via

Photobucket
via the Glamourai

Photobucket
via

Photobucket
via

I seriously can't pick a favorite! They're all so bold, bright, colorful & full of little trinkets and decor items to give the bookcases some personality!

What do you style your bookcases with?

xoxo, lauren

Pin It!

8 comments:

Sherin said...

I love having a well stocked bookshelf in my room. These are all so lovely.

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

I need to style up my Ikea bookcase! Right now it's just filled with books but I love the way these pictures look!

Allison said...

Okay, we need to be Pinterest friends so I can get a ton of inspiration from you because these are all fabulous! (Once I'm off of the work computer where blogger is unblocked but Pinterest isn't, I'm totally adding you).
These are amazing and I am obsessed with bookcases! These are gorgeous - I need to up my game :) xox

Lauren said...

Love these! My big dream is to have a floor to ceiling bookcase with a ladder like in Beauty and the Beast :)

Lexi said...

Love this post! I really need to step up my bookshelf game ... mine look so sad.
Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

Maya {CharminglyStyled} said...

So so pretty! I killer bookshelf is on my to do list for the next few months, love those geode book ends!

xx,
Maya

Amanda said...

those are going straight to pinterest!

readeatcreate.com said...

Love these! I have a minor obsession with pretty bookcases too so I'm in the same boat as you!
xoxo