Wednesday, January 16, 2013

LPF Cooks: Baked Goat Cheese Marinara

One of my favorite local restaurants has a baked goat cheese appetizer and I swear I'm always craving it- it's absolutely delicious. This weekend I decided to attempt it myself, and was so pleased with how simple, delicious, and beautiful the presentation was. It's the perfect appetizer to make shortly ahead of time for a party and truly looks like you spent a long time preparing it.

Goat Cheese Marinara: Simple. Quick & Delicious Appetizer

Goat Cheese Marinara 
Ingredients:
1 Baguette
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic
2 cups of marinara sauce (I love Newman's Own and Bertolli)
6 oz log of goat cheese
optional: fresh basil to sprinkle on top

Directions:
1. First slice the baguette into small crostinis, brush or drizzle olive oil and minced garlic onto slices
2.  Broil baguette slices on a baking sheet until a golden brown color (approx 3-5 minutes)
3. Slice goat cheese into thick circular slices
4.  In a small oven-safe dish, pour 2 cups of marinara sauce & then layer on the slices of goat cheese
5. Broil for 4-6 minutes until cheese is melted and remove from oven.
6. Optionally, you can add fresh basil to top for presentation. Serve hot with garlic bread crostinis

This is the perfect, quick & easy party appetizer-- I think I will definitely be adding it to my hostess  recipe repertoire!

What are your favorite quick, simple & delicious appetizers to make?

xoxo, lauren

5 comments:

S said...

That looks so good and I just had lunch but I want it now! :)

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

Sounds delicious!

michele said...

i'm sharing this with my sis who likes ordering this dish as well.

smiles to you.

michele

Allison said...

This sounds amazing! I'm such a goat cheese whore, so this is right up my alley! I'm a big fan of caprese salad on skewers to shake things up from the traditional version. I also love brie and raspberry on homemade pita chips. Yum!

readeatcreate.com said...

This looks so good! What a great appetizer idea...I can't wait to try it!
xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin