Tuesday, January 22, 2013

LPF Entertains: 70's Fondue Night Party

As I mentioned in my winter date ideas blog post, I've been dying to have a fondue night. So on Friday I made an impulse fondue pot purchase at Target, picked up the ingredients and turned on my favorite "vintage cocktail party" playlist on Songza. Kyle helped chop up vegetables and slice bread for dipping while I added ingredients to the fondue pot.

LPF Entertains: Fondue Night

Classic Swiss Fondue Ingredients:
1 garlic clove
10 oz gruyere cheese
8 oz emmentaler cheese
2 tsp. flour
3/4 c. dry white wine
2 tsp. kirsch or brandy
pinch of nutmeg
Classic Swiss Fondue Recipe

Directions:
1. Turn fondue pot to desired setting (mine recommended setting to 200 degrees)
2.Cut garlic clove in half and coat inside of fondue pot, proceed to mince garlic & add to pot
3. Add 3/4 cup of dry white wine (I love sauvignon blanc!)
4. In a bowl, shred the block of emmenteler cheese & add shredded gruyere cheese-- add the flour and mix to coat the shredded cheese lightly
5. Slowly stir in cheese, allowing to melt down before adding in additional cheese
6. Serve hot with french bread, pretzels, cauliflower, green apples (whatever your heart desires!)

70's Fondue Night Party
one of the most fun date nights to date!

Classic Swiss Fondue Recipe
YUM!

70's Fondue Party
french baguettes, pretzels, veggies & granny smith apples make perfect dippers

LPF Entertains: 70's fondue party
fitting the 70's fondue party theme with tie-dye plates & paisley napkins to hold fondue forks

I highly recommend investing in a fondue pot of your own, or trying it in a crockpot or stove top for a fun dinner party idea! We bought supplies for chocolate and were entirely too stuffed after this delicious meal! 

Are you a fondue fan? 

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

5 comments:

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

Mmm my mouth is watering Lauren! Definitely putting a fondue pot on the wedding registry ;)

Katy said...

I have been dying to try to make fondue forever! The melting pot is one of my favorite restaurants, I may just have to give it a go now!

Panty Buns said...

I love Gruyere cheese and have been too lazy to do a fondue - but yours looks and sounds yummy. I like your choice of dippers too. I'm afraid I'd have to leave out the wine and substitute something else though - don't drink any more. It sure looks and sounds delicious. Maybe I'll get inspired and try it someday this year (I have the fondue pot and forks).

Heather said...

This sounds amazing... I love fondue... I love cheese.... now, when are you having me over? :)

XO
Pearls & Paws

Anonymous said...

Need to some reference about choose a designer leather tote bags? Maybe you should read this totes blog then you will find some really nice advise about tote bags. All leather tote bags original articles and talk about women tote bags fashion trends, new style and related news from http://leather-tote-bags.webs.com.