Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Winter Beauty Remedies

Funnily enough one of the things I took for granted while living in the South was how much easier winter is on your beauty routine. Since living up north, I've had to search Sephora & CVS for all of the perfect moisturizing, repairing, life-saving beauty aids I can add to my medicine cabinet. 

These are a few of my tried & true go-to winter beauty remedies for any ailment from chapped lips to pale winter skin! 

Winter Beauty Remedies

the winter beauty essentials:
 Forever 21 Polka Dot Cosmetic Bag:  I'm totally in love with this polka dot cosmetic bag- can't believe it's only 6.00

 Smith's Rosebud Salve: The ultimate moisturizer for chapped lips & hands- I love that it doesn't have a medicinal flavor & the adorable packaging

Stila Bronzing 10-in-1 BB Cream: I recently bought this instead of investing in a simple moisturizer because it eliminates a step in my beauty routine by smoothing, moisturizing, and bronzing my skin-- BB Creams are a beauty trend that's not going away!

Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray: This hair spray combats static- so you don't end up looking disheveled after sporting a cute knit hat

Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo & Conditioner: I swear by this shampoo/conditioner, especially during winter. nothing makes my hair feel healthier & more moisturized

Tan Towels: It's definitely the FL girl in me that struggles to be pale all winter- these self tanning towelettes are much safer than tanning beds, and have a streak-free application

L'Occitane Hand Cream:  I had never experienced dry hands until I moved into a cold weather climate, nothing soothes them better than this ultra lush hand cream

Origins Whipped Ginger Souffle Body Cream:  This Origins body cream has a refreshing scent and is perfect for lathering on post-shower for some dry skin rehab

I seem to gravitate towards products with less chemicals and more natural ingredients-- they always seem to work that much better in the cold winter months.

What are your winter beauty essentials?

xoxo, lauren

13 comments:

Lauren said...

these are all good to know!

I am actually heading to Milwaukee/Chicago tomorrow!! i am staying with a friend in milwaukee and then we are going into chicago for a few days. this trip i am trying to get a feel for the different neighborhoods to live in, and hopefully network a lot. my goal is to move there spring/summer - whenever the stars align for a roommate and place to live. i will keep you updated. i'm not sure if you live near milwaukee or not, but if you do and you are free friday or tuesday, i'd love to meet up!

Caitlin C. said...

Can you believe that I've never tried Rosebud Salve?! I need to get on that ASAP! These are great tips! :)

Emily Marie {Isnt That Charming} said...

Ah, I looove posts like this. Can't wait to try some of these out - my skin is forever cracked and dry all winter and nothing seems to work!
Isn’t That Charming.

ShopNear.Me said...

These are great products and I love F21's cosmetic bag.

http://www.shopnearme.tumblr.com

Sherin said...

My skin gets so dry in the winter, especially my hands. Will try some of these for sure.

Stefanie said...

That hand cream is amazing! I'm living by it! Also, I love Argan Oil from Morocco to protect dry hair. :) xx

Midnight Cowgirl said...

I've been addicted to L'Occitane Hand Cream this winter.

Lexi J. Bee said...

omg I love that bag ! Thanks for the share colourmeviolet.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I needed this! My hands are so dry it's embarrassing!

XO
Pearls & Paws

Diane said...

thanks for these fabulous tips!!! :)

Katherine Nolden said...

That hand cream was my staple in Minneapolis! I had mini tubes in every purse and coat! Amazing. Simply amazing.

Anonymous said...

If you are the fan of fashion leather bags, you will absolutely love latest fashion style leather tote bags with best quality genuien leather material and those designer tote bags are located in http://leather-tote-bags.webs.com.

Maria at inredningsvis.se said...

GREAT POST:)
Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

If you want to see a beautifyl Swedish house..check out my blog:)

Have a great week dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(sweden)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin