Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fall 13 Fashion Week Faves: DVF

Another one of my perennial fashion week favorites is Diane von Furstenberg. The Fall 13 collection was no different- this season was all about 70's glam with color and texture. She showed a lot of faux fur, suede, metallic leather & satin and had a modern twist on looks with bright pop colors like fuchsia and cobalt.
DVF Fall 13 Collection

With the still freezing weather there's a lot from these looks that I could easily slip into my existing wardrobe, like that enormous fur collar and a brightly colored satin blazer.

get the look: dvf fall 13

get the look: camel and faux fur coat// snakeskin shirt // neon pink dress // cobalt suede heels // hot pink lipstick // cognac bag // metallic gold wedges

I'm continuing to search through the shows and bring the most wearable collections to LPF! The avante garde is fun to look at, but can be a bit tricky to interpret for the real world- where as these looks are a bit easier of silhouettes.

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

10 comments:

N@NY said...

I LOVED THIS FASHION RECAP YOU DID , AM GLAD I FOUND YOUR BLOG , IT'S AMAZING ,

Happy valentine's day sweetie .

am following you now , wanna make my day & follow me back ?

N@NY
http://nanybuz91.blogspot.com/

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

I NEED THAT PINK DRESS.

Rachel Lynne said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That coat is FANTASTIC!

Kara said...

LOVED this collection. It's so cool how it was inspired by her glam rock past. I'm planning to illustrate a few of my favorite looks. So glad I clicked on the outfit set b/c that shirt is amazing! I thought it was gonna be $200 or something but $30?! What a great deal!

Allison said...

I'm seriously obsessed with all of this - and angry that work cramps my style and won't let me go to NYFW! Major bummer, but you're helping me relive all the gorgeous designs making their way down the runway. DvF never fails!
Happy V-Day, gorgeous friend! xox

Diane said...

love.love.love. DVF is always flawless!

Tiffany Style Blog said...

I've been going through shows all day today too!! I keep trying to save photos but I think all of my folders are getting out of control. LOL :) I love love love these looks!!! The blue and the big fur collar - fantastic!!!!! Great picks!

Tiffany

Panty Buns said...

Sorry to be the one with a negative outlook on this collection, but the models are way too skinny, the colours of that first outfit clash, and being a vegetarian on moral grounds I find the animal skin and fur looks distasteful. There were plenty of pretty outfits, fabrics, designs and collections at the Mercedes Benze New York Fashion Week. I loved a lot of Betsey Johnson's designs and the colours. Sorry I didn't like Ms. Furstenburg's designs. I hope you've been having a very Happy Valentine's Day and got to enjoy some of the multitude of beautiful designs, fabrics and colours on display during NYFW.

The Funky Fashionista said...

Your fashion recaps are so amazing! They are what inspired mine. I love DVF's hot pink pant suit and the fuschia pink lips. Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo
Camille
http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

readeatcreate.com said...

Oh those shoes are gorgeous! I love them! Hope your valentines day as all sorts of lovie dovie fun :)
xoxo