Wednesday, February 6, 2013

LPF Entertains: DIY Valentine's Day Dinner Date

I am so excited to partner with one of my favorite food bloggers, the Kitchen Prep this week for a series of Valentine's Day inspired posts from romantic tablescapes & date night outfits to delicious Valentine's Day treats! Single? Get your girlfriends together for some romantic comedies and vino!

 La Petite Fashionista readers- meet my new blogger friend, Dianna! I discovered Dianna's blog during her Tailgate Thursday series- even though she's a Gator fan -  she sure knows how to whip up some tasty recipes for football season! The way I feel about fashion and design is the way Dianna feels about food- she's passionate & continuously inspired. We both are Lilly lovin' Florida girls with a penchant for all things sweet and I am so glad we connected (isn't the blogging world wonderful?).

the kitchen prep blog

Be sure to stop by her blog and say hi & check out her valentine's day recipes!

As you probably noticed from my recent printable valentines post that I'm a teensy bit excited for February 14th. I created a colorful pink & red Valentine's Day dinner tablescape inspiration with the perfect amount of sparkle (and even a tissue paper garland!). I love the idea of taking existing things you own, doing affordable DIY's & hunting through thrift stores to create a unique look!

LPF Entertains: Valentine's Day Dinner Date

a gold "L" for love (or the two of your initials) makes a perfect centerpiece. I painted a paper mache letter with gold metallic paint for an affordable luxe look.

LPF Entertains: Valentine's Day Dinner Date // Gold Plates

I found these gold rimmed plates at my favorite thrift store for 99 cents! They made the perfect romantic statement (& i loved it paired with these fun preppy target napkins & a DIY chevron heart (write your special guest's name in glue & sprinkle with gold glitter for some shimmer).

LPF Entertains: Valentine's Day Dinner Date // Cupid Candelabra

I couldn't believe my luck when I found this sweet gold cupid candle holder during my thrifting adventure-- I thought it added a little bit of character to the table. (I also scored these red tealight holders & taper candle for less than $1.00 each!).

LPF Entertains: Valentine's Day Dinner Date // DIY Tissue Paper Garland

I am in LOVE with how this DIY tissue paper tassel garland turned out! I used a simple tutorial and now I want to make another one for my bedroom!


LPF Entertains: Valentine's Day Dinner Date // Beautiful Chocolates

I painted a wooden heart bowl with gold metallic paint to turn it into a sweet dish (and doubles as a jewelry catch-all after Valentine's Day). Guys, take note- any girl would love a unique, almost-too-pretty-to-eat box of chocolates over a box from Walgreens!

Check out Dianna's recipe for these Sweetheart Jelly Donut Muffins, which would make the perfect Valentine's Day breakfast for the love in your life (and okay, maybe we'll have a few ourselves too)!

The Kitchen Prep: Sweetheart Jelly Donut Muffins

Get the recipe on the Kitchen Prep!

Check back on Friday for some more Valentine's Day inspiration from the two of us!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

9 comments :

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Those muffins look amazing!

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

Well this is just the cutest thing I've ever seen! The cupid candelabra - adorable! MMM and I want those muffins...

Rachel Lynne said...

OH! That dinner date looks so fun! Cute decor :)

Rachel’s Lookbook

Emily Marie {Isnt That Charming} said...

What a fun post idea!
Isn’t That Charming.

Rachel said...

I would like you to be my professional party planner, please!

Lauren said...

love all these ideas - ive been meaning to make a tissue paper garland - need to get on it!

The Funky Fashionista said...

These decorations are so cute and those muffins look so yummy!

xoxo
Camille
http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Cinz said...

I loveee that gold "L" center piece, looks sooo nice and suitable for the upcoming occasion!! hehe

Great bargain with those gold rimmed plates!!! and super cute gold cupid candle holder you got there!!! It's always the small details that can make such a diff, don't ya think???

I like your DIYs,they're really creative,especially loving the wooden heart bowl and how you managed to transform its look by changing its color!!! and i like how you matched it with the cute polka dot paper:D

Lastly, i wanna eat those jelly donut muffins!!!!

You have a great blog LPF!!! I am gonna be back for more!!!;0)

Cinz
http://cinzee.wordpress.com

restaurant Fort Lauderdale said...

The effort alone in making a homemade Valentine's dinner will surely make my special someone absolutely happy. What I love about this is how I can personalize it to suit what we both are interested at. Maybe a message at the chevron heart will be good to, just to start up the night! Thank you for sharing!