Friday, February 8, 2013

What to Wear: Valentine's Day

Figuring out to wear on Valentine's Day should be easy right? Just throw on a little black dress and some high heels and you're good to go? I love the idea of stepping outside of the expected and sporting a little bit of color (pink, red & purple anyone?). 

I have some outfit ideas no matter what your Valentine's Day plans & perfect coordinating lipstick and nail polish pairings! It's a great opportunity to put in a little extra effort!

What to Wear: Valentine's Day


Get the Look: 



Dinner with a long term boyfriend? Try wearing a cinched waist dress in a pretty, feminine color and a bright colored polish. Girl's night?  Perfect time to break out all those man-repelling trends we love so much! ;) Going on your first couple of dates with a new man? Wear a figure flattering dress and a pair of bold heels!

I've also partnered again with Dianna at The Kitchen Prep to bring you a sweet V-Day treat-- these mouth watering boozy chocolate truffles (make them with your guy's favorite liquor)! Head on over to her blog to get the recipe!

Boozy Chocolate Truffles // The Kitchen Prep

How adorable would a DIY'd box of these chocolate truffles be for Valentine's Day?

What are your Valentine's Day plans?

xoxo, lauren

5 comments:

Rachel Lynne said...

Such cute outfits Lauren!!!!! Love the hot pink dress for a hot date night ;) Even though I've been dating my boyfriend for a couple years (well almost) I would probably still opt for this outfit! And I can see you LOVE all things Valentine's Day... and I LOVE THAT haha! I've been pinning your stuff like crazy!

Allison said...

Lauren, these outfits are perfect! I love dressing up and Valentine's Day is such a good excuse to put that EXTRA effort forth - especially since it's Edwin and my first Valentine's as a couple.
I love this holiday too - even when I was single, I was always a fan of Valentine's.
Also - omg! Totally making those truffles. Yum. I'm flying you out when I move, because you are just way too creative and I need your DIY/recipe gene haha.

Kayleigh said...

Lovely!! I especially like the first outfit, which is fitting since I do have a longterm BF! LOL Although I had a giggle at the second outfit where you mention wearing a statement necklace if you don't have a guy to question it - if my BF ever made a comment about my fashion choices that wasn't glowingly positive, I'd laugh at him and tell him to stop talking about things he knows nothing about! LOL Be brave girls - don't let your man dictate your fashion choices!

Ginny said...

All three looks are so cute! I really like the pink dress and all the accessories. Thanks for adding me to the Midwest Bloggers group!
Ginny
mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

The Funky Fashionista said...

All of these outfits are so cute! I love the Girls Night and Hot Date look the most and could totally see myself wearing something similar.

xoxo
Camille
http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin