Sunday, April 7, 2013

5 Things Lilly Pulitzer Taught Us About Life

I was so sad to hear of the passing of iconic Palm Beach fashionista, Lilly Pulitzer Rosseau .. The Lilly brand has always been an inspiration to me. I love the simple beginnings (dresses designed to cover up stains while working at a juice stand), the Florida roots, and the amazing print and pattern.

I think moving up north gave me a new appreciation for Lilly too- their saying that Sunshine is a State of Mind couldn't be more true- even if there's snow outside it makes me feel insta-happy seeing the colorful prints and positive outlook!


Lilly taught us how to dress, entertain, and decorate in color, and live life with zest and for that we will never forget her!

Cheers!

xoxo, lauren

8 comments:

Nathyness said...

Lily Pulitzer's style was visionary. She made Floridian style so fun and ladylike. The colors and prints of her brand are so unique and instantly recognizable. She will definitely be remembered for years to come.

Meg {henninglove} said...

i heard the news this afternoon, so sad to hear of her passing. her collections were widely loved and bought by many

Kstylick said...

Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on Bloglovin and/or GFC?

Please leave me a comment on my blog and I will follow you!

http://kstylick.blogspot.com

Caitlin C. said...

I LOVE this post. I was shocked yesterday to hear the news! And you're right, no matter how drab the weather is outside, Lilly immediately makes me feel happy.

Chica-Esperta said...

I loved this post! I had not yet heard the news but this is a beautiful way of showing your appreciation of her!

I am also a petite fashionista: if you or your readers have questions, go to theasksection.blogspot.com

Maya {CharminglyStyled} said...

Love love love this post - she was a very smart woman!

xx,
Maya

Heather said...

I love the "Wear color and lots of it!". So true!

XO
Pearls & Paws

Bostonista said...

I love LOVE this post! I was so sad to hear about Lily's passing but she definitely was an inspiring woman and it's nice to remember that!

xo
Kara
www.thebostonista.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin