Saturday, April 27, 2013

DIY Plant Markers

Today was my first trip to the farmer's market of the season! (& brunch with the girls downtown)! There wasn't much fresh produce because it's been too cold to grow anything- but flowers & herb stands were everywhere, thankfully!

I've been looking for some herbs to plant to use fresh in cooking + bartending and this pineapple mint plant immediately caught my eye!

LPF DIY: Plant Markers

The pineapple mint plant has a slight scent + taste of pineapple. I am incredibly excited to use it in mojitos- my favorite summer drink! I decided to make a fun little plant marker with some crafty supplies like bamboo skewers, washi tapes, stickers & scrapbooking paper I had around the house!

LPF DIY: Plant Markers

This was the first time we've had temperatures above 60 in so many months so I enjoyed being able to be outside. I wish I had a green thumb! I am determined to keep some plants alive this summer!

Do you have any plants that you use for cooking in your home?

xoxo, lauren

4 comments:

Camille said...

Your plant markers are really cute! :)

xoxo
Camille
http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

I should make some for my new plants! These are so cute.

Ali of Dressing Ken said...

Such a great DIY! I will have to try this, this summer.

Ali of

www.dressingken.com

Maya {CharminglyStyled} said...

Cute! I'm so jealous of your trip to the farmers market this weekend! I'm going to have to make a point of going when I'm back in Madison soon :)

xx,
Maya

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin