Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Get the Look: Kentucky Derby Party

Confession time: I've always wanted to go to the Kentucky Derby (or at least dress like it!). The big hats, big heels & big mint juleps are simply calling out to my inner southern girl. My friend Emily wants to throw a shindig, and I can't imagine a better reason to go by an obscenely large hat! 

I put together a fun look for your derby party complete w/ Lilly Pulitzer dress (what derby day would be complete without that?!) The derby is on Saturday, May 4th, and I definitely want to celebrate in style!

What to Wear: Kentucky Derby Party

Get the Look ( Clockwise to Right) Colorblock Derby Hat // Moon & Lola Monogram Necklace //  Lilly Pulitzer Julianna Dress // White Wedges // Pearl Stud Earrings // Lilly Pulitzer Sunglasses Croakies //  Mint Julep Cup // Pink Gingham Bow Tie // Lace Trimmed Straw Bag // Kentucky Derby Party Invitations 

I am seriously in love with  this look. I wish I could get my guy to wear a bow tie (reading this kyle?? ;) Also, need to try my hand at making mint juleps (I am a huge fan of any drink with fresh mint in it- I think i'll try the recipe from Hen House Linens!

Have you ever participated in a Derby Party or attended the event for yourself? Would love to know what you wore!

xoxo, lauren


Ali of Dressing Ken said...

Love that tote! Oh my gosh I use to go to this place in Seattle that the best drink with fresh mint is was so good!

Ali of


Diane said...

i went to a party in pennsylvania last year and it was fun. i got to break out a ridiculous vintage fascinator that i own. i am hoping to wear the same one again this year (how often do i really get to wear it?!?!)...so hopefully i'll find some fun party in NYC this year. if my apartment was a little bit bigger i'd throw my own...*sigh*

Mugdha said...

Loving that dress and the hat, but girl, I don't think the hat's flashy/crazy enough!!

SemirahD said...

I have been so inspired by this look recently. Like I literally brought 5 items from Lilly Pulitzer to add to my spring wardrobe! <3 #preppy

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin