Thursday, April 11, 2013

Print Mixing: Florals + Stripes

I am in full fledged spring wardrobe mode right now (despite the snowfall we're projected to have this week.. ugh). I scored this hot pink blazer at LOFT during a sale the other week and love that it's petite so it's actually proportioned correctly for me (a rare find when you're 5 ft)! This Target dress had to find it's way into my sundress rotation too with it's automatic trendy print-mixing of florals and stripes.

Hot Pink Blazer & Striped/Floral Dress

get the look: floral & stripe dress // hot pink blazer // tan wedges

spring color palette: navy with pops of brights

I'm really into this color palette as a great transition into warmer weather- adding bright pops of color to winter navy & gray and of course a bold floral print. What are your favorite spring shades to inject some brightness to your wardrobe?

xoxo, lauren

12 comments:

Sherin said...

The blazer looks incredible! I love the colour so much.

Rachel said...

Target has the best sundresses- this one is so cute!

Susan said...

Lauren, I'm exactly 5 feet, too, and Loft is my favorite place to shop! I was also amazed last summer when I found that several of the sundresses at Target actually fit me properly. It's a rare thing to find a "nonpetite" dress that doesn't need to be hemmed! The length looks perfect on you, very pretty!

katie said...

Weee i love it! Such a cute look. Love your blog and been following forever, but just started my blog! Xo, Katie

sappyandhappy.blogspot.com

Demmy said...

You look so lovely. Love the hue of the blazer. I like dressing like you and I take my inspiration from your outfits because we're the same height :) x

Lauren said...

i love this outfit - i just got a hot pink blazer and am having trouble of what to pair with it. maybe you could do a post about how to wear pink blazers???? haha it would be greatly apprieciated

Pearls in London said...

This blazer is to die for!!

Nathyness said...

I just LOVE this outfit!! I scored a very similar (same color) blazer from LOFT during a winter to spring sale, although the blazer is totally a spring blazer, so Idk what that was about. Lol. It was only $20!! Can you believe it? And petite too. I haven't posted an outfit with it yet but I've worn it countless times.

It's so perfect with this dress! I love how you paired it with wedges too. Makes the look even more daytime appropriate.

xo,
-Nathy
Earnestyle

Chica-Esperta said...

Hi (I'm also 5ft tall!)
The stripes/floral mix is my favorite print mixing! It never looks wrong so it's great for newbies or making an outfit without much thought. This is great for hectic mornings! Another great pairing (but easier to get wrong) is polka dots and plaid.

Wondering how to mix prints? Which prints to mix? How to make sure they're proportionate to your frame? Ask your fashion questions at theasksection.blogspot.com or click my name!

sharon john said...

this dark color very suits you and the dress is really nice....

Wholesale Jewelry

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

You are so stinkin cute! I love everything about this look
Isn’t That Charming.

Rebekah said...

I thought this Target dress looked familiar when I bought it the other day. I must've been subconsciously remembering seeing it here. I have a pink blazer similar to that, so I'll have to keep this combination in mind!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin