Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Green Couch Diaries

Have you ever owned a piece of furniture that as beautiful as it is- is really freakin hard to decorate around? For my that's my green leather couch! It was a way-too-nice-for-me hand-me-down from my parents and I love it to pieces. The only bad thing is that decorating an entire room around a big green piece of furniture can be quite a challenge.

I am going to be moving into my own place again in June, and I'm always ready to switch up the decor. I've been trying to find some inspiration for green statement couches for this next interior design venture.

the green couch diaries // green couch inspiration

I like the idea of pairing it with bright & colorful accents and keeping walls white and neutral- maybe with a gallery wall behind it or some floating shelves. I also have some great colorful throw pillow slipcovers my mom has sewn for me. 

I've dreamed up something a little bit like this- kitschy, fun, colorful with an ode to my florida girl style.

preppy boho bachelorette pad


Have you ever had to determine your decor around a distinguishing furniture piece? How did you resolve your interior design challenges?

xoxo, lauren

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok now I suddenly want a green couch!

Panty Buns said...

I've found that pink complements green beautifully. Of course green is in the colour range between blue and yellow. Having the walls be white or neutral sounds like a good idea. A pink outfit worn in the settings above would look beautiful.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

I LOVE IT! I spent all of my single years trying to style my apts/dorm rooms like I was married and settled, and now that I am married and settled (and with a kid) it's no fun anymore. Enjoy this time of experimenting with color and prints and form over function. Because buying pieces that "match everything" and "will last a long time" and "go in another room later" is NO FUN!
-Ashley
P.S. I do especially love a emerald, navy, & gold combo.

Lydia Grace said...

the pink and the green go so well, and i like the idea of plain walls and floating shelves to keep everything else to a minimum. The focus of the room should be the gorgeous green couch!! I am new to blogger so it would mean a lot if you would check out my blog, and maybe ( if you like it) follow me on bloglovin?

http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

Sherin said...

I definitely need a green sofa in my life now.

Chica-Esperta said...

It would go great with hot pink if you're into that statement.
Last year I was gifted a hot pink duvet- It was such a gorgeous rich shade! But it felt odd to decorate in all pink, too girly! My bedroom is now mostly white so that the hot pink really stands out and with other green pieces (lamps and a tiny couch) and tiny blue touches so it doesn't look magazine-y. To be honest, I didn't "decorate" at all, my room was blue and green before. Just live with it and things will flow naturally to a way you'll like

The truth is you'll find it odd for some time but if you don't really decorate around it and just live, it'll look cozy, colorful and not matchy-matchy at all!

I hope I helped!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

I love the idea of a gallery behind it on the wall! In my opinion, green goes well with gold - you can't go wrong!
Isn’t That Charming.

candise said...

I love the idea of green couch, it's so bold! I like the idea of pairing the green statement couch with neutral walls, black and white accents, and touch of gold hardware somewhere. Have fun decorating!

By the way did you see the Glitter Guide's article on emerald? Perfect timing...
http://theglitterguide.com/2013/04/17/everything-emerald-for-the-home/

Candise
http://sugar-and-stripes.blogspot.com/

Baggy pants said...

I appreciate the work of all people who share information with others. Great Blog!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin