Sunday, April 14, 2013

The LPF Guide to: Natural Beauty

It's funny, because I'm fairly conscious about the food I'm putting into my body; trying to eat clean and as much organic, locally grown & non-processed  food as possible. Though as much as I pay attention to nutrition- I rarely think about the beauty products I use and how many chemicals I expose myself to by using them on a daily basis.

I've recently been trying to buy more natural beauty products, read more labels, and swapping out some of more chemical-laden products with more organic or natural alternatives. I wanted to share a few of my favorite brands!

The LPF Guide to: Natural Beauty Products

Some of the chemicals I especially try to avoid are: paraben, sulfate, phthalates & formaldehyde, all have links to potential cancer. I am by no means perfect, but I'd like to work towards eliminating the use of these. I've also seen a noticeable improvement in my skin and hair with all of the chemical free products I've been using. 

 10 Natural Beauty Products to Swap Out in your Cosmetic Bag

The blog "No More Dirty Looks"  is a great resource for more info about safe beauty products!

Do you have any favorite natural beauty brands or products? I'm always excited to try new ones!

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

9 comments :

Panty Buns said...

Great info and tips. I like the blog "No More Dirty Looks". I had read about some of the nasty ingredients in some makeup on another blog "Make Me Stunning" by Jade. She did a post on making your own lipstick (using crayons!). Being a vegetarian I had also been looking at some vegan and cruelty free cosmetics. I'd previously ordered from Urban Decay and Sephora. Now I've also been looking at OCC (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics). They have some really WILD lip tar colours that are applied with brushes. I love your (LPF) list of Natural beauty products.

katie said...

Ohhh I love everything I try from Origins, especially their Perfect Day face lotion and Checks & Balances face wash. Thanks for sharing! BTW - I love the font you used in your image! What's its name?

Xo,
Katie

Lindsay said...

Love this! It's been hard to make the switch, but it feels so much better!

Rachel Lynne said...

I LOVE Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, it is the perfect touch after applying make up! Also, the Burt's Bees Acne Spot Treatment is amazing as well. Great list!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

I'm working on making the switch, so I'll definitely be coming back to this list :)

Camille said...

I really want to try that lipstick and that nail polish! I think it is good that you want to use more healthier makeup.

xoxo
Camille
http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Chica-Esperta said...

I love everything about natural cosmetics! I have very sensitive skin to I'm prone to be allergic to cosmetics. Natural products are a good compromise between regular beauty products and the DIY ones.

DIY beauty products are a beautiful thing. You know exactly what's in them and if you search around you'll find pretty effective recipes and quite cheap too! While most DIYs are fairly easy, some are far too difficult for me and I'd rather buy the product (examples: lipstick or mascara). When it's incredibly easy, I'd rather make it myself (like toners or body scrubs)

For any questions, go to theasksection.blogspot.com

Caitlin C. said...

I'm with you - I rarely think about the products I put on my face, but I put a ton of thought into the food I put into my body! Thanks for sharing your favorite cosmetics, I will definitely have to try them :)

Manohar singh Jodhpur said...

Very happy to see your article, I very much to like and agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing.Welcome to look at my website and blog articles.Hope we can become good friends, and exchange and to help each other! Thanks!! Wedding nehru suit