Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I'm a Verizon Voices Style Blogger!

I have very exciting news for LPF! I am so excited to announce that I've been selected as a Verizon Voices Style Blogger! This past weekend I took the train down to Chicago to meet the team of bloggers participating get trained in how to use my new device, and of course have a little bit of fun in the Windy City!

We were given the new Samsung Galaxy Camera to test out for the next 6 months! So you'll be seeing some blog posts talking about it throughout the year. It's pretty much a fashion blogger's dream, because it's sort of a hybrid camera phone / DSLR. It offers the clarity of a high end camera with the ability to edit, use apps &  send photos to social media channels right from your camera's wireless connection! I'm looking forward to taking it with me to all my summer activities.

Now, to share some of my favorite moments from my trip to Chicago!

*disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Style Voices program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange, but all opinions and views about the product are my own!

I'm a Verizon Voices Style Blogger! #vzwvoices

So official right?! To the right is my geeking out over phone technology face! 

#armparty & samsung galaxy cam

The obligatory #armparty shot with my new camera!

Fashion Show Runway
Art Institute Of Chicago Fashion Show

We were lucky enough to have front row seats to attend the Art Institute of Chicago's fashion show! It was SO much fun for the former fashion student in me.The students are so talented and truly the future of the industry. I was dying over this mermaid inspired look, fifties style knits & metallic sneaker wedges!

chevron dress & white statement necklace

My look for the day (it ended up being SO cold, so this was covered in a down coat for a lot of the trip!)
Dress / Necklace/ Bracelet: Francesca's 

Tapas Dinner at Mercat a La Planxa
Chi-Town Love

We had one of the best meals of my life at Spanish, Tapas Restaurant, Mercat a la Planxa! The historic hotel it was in was beautiful (loving that chandelier & gorgeous celings) and food amazing. I loved that the menu was set so I could take some chances trying tapas that I wouldn't normally try.

 I had so much fun meeting all of the sweet & stylish bloggers in the program -Sandy, Teena,  Sarah, Lindsey & more! So much fun bonding with other ladies who don't look at you funny if you ask them to take an outfit picture or need to stop to instagram your dinner ;) Thank you to Verizon for a fun weekend & an amazing new camera to document it!

xoxo, lauren

    

7 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

it was SOO great to meet you and sit by you at the SAIC fashion show!! :) can't wait to see you again later this year in KC!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Meggan Morehead said...

Ahhhh so fun! Wish I would have known about this!

http://dashofglamm.blogspot.com/

xo

The Sweetest Thing said...

What an AMAZING opportunity! Too cool!

Marlen said...

hey i'm from chicago!! i was totally going to go to that too but the tickets were so darn expensive. it looks amazing though- can you imagine whipping up outfits like that?! oh the talent

xo Marlen
Messages on a Napkin

Samantha said...

Congrats lady - I can't wait to see what happens! :) And so happy you got to meet Sarah & Sandy!

Maya {CharminglyStyled} said...

Okay little miss fancy pants! So excited for you and the advenutre.

ALSO, total fail on coming to the city when I wasn't here. Please come visit me soon!

xx,
Maya

Zhenya H said...

Lauren,
I had so much fun meeting you! Love your blog!
Xo,
Zhenya
http://beingzhenya.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin