Thursday, May 30, 2013

Life Lately (& Living with a Boy!)

A quick little update on life lately. It's been pretty crazy busy! Last week my lovely mom helped me pack up my apartment for yet another move! This time, to my boyfriend's home for the summer while my new apartment is being finished.

I am trying to be a a good roomie and learn the ropes of this whole living with a boy thing (I'm not too worried though)!  He has been a great sport about sharing his space with me. The La Petite Fashionista Magazine team & I are also hard at work on issue #4 (due out by mid-june!).

I'm so excited for the many summer adventures to come! 

Life lately.. 

1. Kyle actually upgraded his closet to have extra shelving for my move in. He was sweet enough to give up half his closet. I amazingly was disciplined enough to minimize my wardrobe to fit inside. The colorful fabric bins are a huge organizational help too!

2. Kyle + I for his graduation dinner (woohoo!). Next week we are jetting off to a surprise graduation trip to Florida for him. I've kept our itinerary a secret and have been leaving a clue every few days!

3. The fresh & fragrant lilacs that are blossoming in the yard. They look oh-so-pretty in a mason jar

4. One of the perks of living with him is being able to do some grocery shopping and meal planning together. We're trying to eat healthy and tried out the Lightened Up Chicken Francese (& garlic mashed cauliflower) for dinner tonight and it was unbelievably delicious!

So lovely readers for those of you that live with the men in your life-- Do share your tips for living in harmony together!

xoxo, lauren


Ashley russo said...

I know how you feel. I just moved in with my guy, and it seems like we've been doing the same things. Especially the meal planning!

Sarah Ennis said...

Advise on living with a boy...
1. They might never be as clean as you want. Just deal with it.
2. If something is bothering you, talk about it.
3. It's not as hard as you think. Rob is the best roommate I've ever had!

katie @ sappy and happy said...

ah i'm about to move in with a boy at the end of next month! please share how you organized the closet! i just keep staring at the closet we're going to be sharing and trying to dream up a way to make it work without causing World War 3 :)


LRC said...

Best of luck! I'll be 29 and have been married since I was 22, so I really have grown up with my husband and we learned together how to work out how to live in harmony. Mainly, he overlooks the fact that I am terrible at shutting my drawers all the way and I had to seriously work at remembering to put the toothpaste cap back on the tube! I forgive the fact that he constantly leaves his work boots and backpack in the hallway. It's all give & take :) Not worrying about little things goes a long way for us.

Dianna M. said...

Exciting! And YAY for a Florida trip! :) The hubs and I have lived together for over 7 years. Yes, we've had our moments, but it's been pretty harmonious otherwise. I think the key is picking your battles. Some days I flip out and have a meltdown over things like socks {they're EVERYWHERE}, or the way he loads the dishwasher. But then I remember that overall he's pretty great. And he deals with my OCD tendencies like a champ. Haha! One thing that has worked in our home is creating organization with baskets & bins, much like you have with your closet. That helps to give things their own "home" so it's not a free for all. Maybe I should create a sock basket... ;) Hope all goes smoothly with your new living situation, enjoy it!

Katherine Nolden said...

Good Luck! I'm with my boy for the summer too and its only been 3 weeks so far but the advice I would give so far is take time on your own and be very open and honest about stuff. Also we figured out that I hate loading the dishwasher and I like laundry and he likes the dishwasher and hates laundry so we are switching! Get ready for fun!

Layne Dettor said...

That's so exciting Lauren! I actually live with 4 boys (and 1 girl). It has really been a learning experience for me but I absolutely love it. When you live with people you really learn the quirks about them. For instance, one of my roommates takes really long showers and blows his nose 3 times per shower. Another has the same thing for every meal: corn, cottage cheese and a turkey sandwich. Good luck!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin