I am always looking for simple meals I can prepare during the work week when I'm feeling unmotivated but still want to be semi-healthy. I had a some organic chicken breasts I needed to use as well as a romaine lettuce mix so my wheels started turning.
I remembered the article that Jocelyn wrote for the latest issue of LPF Mag featuring diy salad dressings and I knew it was the perfect excuse to make her Greek Salad Vinaigrette and a perfectly paired baked chicken with all of the same great Greek flavor. It turned out to literally be a new favorite that will be on rotation for many weeks to come.
Baked Greek Chicken
Serves 2; Prep Time: 10 Min / Cook Time: 45 Min
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 Lemon (juice) & 1/2 slices
2 tbsp Greek Oregano
1 Finally Minced Garlic Clove
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
2. Start by lining a deep baking dish with tin foil
3. Slice lemon in half, squeeze juice of half lemon & save for later
4. Cut the leftover lemon half into small slices and place on baking sheet under neath chicken breasts
5.. Grease the tin foil & chicken breasts with olive oil
6.. Sprinkle garlic, oregano, salt & pepper on chicken breasts
7. Drizzle juice from half lemon over chicken
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 43 minutes and set on broil for final 2 minutes
The salad was incredibly easy- I just chopped up onions (you can throw in tomatoes and olives as well!) & some feta cheese and mixed up this homemade Greek salad Vinaigrette. Get the recipe (& more Greek deliciousness) on Jocelyn's blog post at Saucy Jocey's Kitchen- I swear I've never enjoyed a salad so much!
What are your go-to dinners that never disappoint?