Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Easy Meals for Busy Girls: Baked Greek Chicken & Greek Salad

I am always looking for simple meals I can prepare during the work week when I'm feeling unmotivated but still want to be semi-healthy. I had a some organic chicken breasts I needed to use as well as a romaine lettuce mix so my wheels started turning.

I remembered the article that Jocelyn wrote for the latest issue of LPF Mag featuring diy salad dressings and I knew it was the perfect excuse to make her Greek Salad Vinaigrette and a perfectly paired baked chicken with all of the same great Greek flavor. It turned out to literally be a new favorite that will be on rotation for many weeks to come. 

LPF Cooks: Healthy Baked Greek Chicken + Greek Salad

Baked Greek Chicken
Serves 2;  Prep Time: 10 Min / Cook Time: 45 Min

2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 Lemon (juice) & 1/2 slices
2 tbsp Greek Oregano 
1 Finally Minced Garlic Clove
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper

1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
2.  Start by lining a deep baking dish with tin foil 
3. Slice lemon in half, squeeze juice of half lemon & save for later
4. Cut the leftover lemon half into small slices and place on baking sheet under neath chicken breasts
5.. Grease the tin foil & chicken breasts with olive oil
6.. Sprinkle garlic, oregano, salt & pepper on chicken breasts
7.  Drizzle juice from half lemon over chicken
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 43 minutes and set on broil for final 2 minutes

The salad was incredibly easy- I just chopped up onions (you can throw in tomatoes and olives as well!) & some feta cheese and mixed up this homemade Greek salad Vinaigrette. Get the recipe (& more Greek deliciousness) on Jocelyn's blog post at Saucy Jocey's Kitchen- I swear I've never enjoyed a salad so much!

What are your go-to dinners that never disappoint?

xoxo, lauren


Sandy a la Mode said...

mmm this sure does look yummy!!

Sandy a la Mode

Elizabeth said...

Looks yummy and healthy! Chicken, Quinoa, or Salmon are my go-tos now.

Ashley russo said...

This looks great. I have all of that in my fridge and will be trying it out tonight. Thanks!


Denise Gentes said...

Looks yummy! Found your blog through Midwest Style Bloggers, I look forward to reading more in the future :)

Rachel Lynne said...

Yum, this looks delicious and perfect!

Marlen said...

aaaand PIN! now that im moving out of my house i've been dreading the whole "cooking my own meals" thing haha. i just get so lazy making dinner, and this sounds super fast and SUPER yummy. this was just what i needed! ;)

xo Marlen
Messages on a Napkin

Allison said...

The Greek salad sounds amazing - I'll have to make the dressing for myself! I make a lot of salads with different veggies (and usually avocado slices). I also make and freeze veggie/fruit smoothies ahead of time so I can easily grab something filling!

Saucy Jocey's Kitchen said...

Yum yum yum :) Paul and I do a big Greek salad with chicken for dinner quite often. Sometimes we have hummus and pitas with it too! It's light but totally satisfying.

GoldCoast704 said...

Hi – It’s good to read such interesting stuff on the Internet as I have been able to discover here. I agree with much of what is written here and I’ll be coming back to this website again.
Thanks again for posting such great reading material!! To get new information visit here
Kitchens Gold Coast
Gold Coast Kitchens

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin