Friday, June 21, 2013

LPF Loves: Fresh Summer Produce

So excited that today officially marks the start of summer. One of my favorite things about the summertime is fresh produce - and it is in no short supply with all of the local farms around here (or lucky for me my boyfriends' family's backyard!). 

I've collected a few of my favorite recipes for putting all of that fresh summer produce to good use!

LPF LOVES: Fresh Summer Produce

Wondering how to use your farmer's market finds? Here are a few ideas:

Strawberries: Strawberry Rhubarb Tart
Watermelon: Vodka Watermelon Cooler
Blueberries: Blueberry Corn Salad
Cucumbers: Canned Pickles
Tomatoes: Caprese Salad

What is your favorite recipe to make with super fresh ingredients?

xoxo, lauren
Pin It!

5 comments:

Christy C said...

Yum!! all this makes me want to have a barbecue! I love summer :)
Christy
Sunnywithasideof...

Sherin said...

I can't wait to try some of these recipes out. They look amazing.

Panty Buns said...

I know from experience that he strawberry rhubarb tart and the tomato and mozzarella are both delicious! I love both blueberries and corn. Though I haven't tried them in a recipe together it sounds yummy!

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

Blueberry corn salad?! Sounds so delicious and refreshing. Blueberries do not exist in Spain. Most of my students had no idea what they were when I showed them pictures. Going to have to get my blueberry fix in when I go back to the States. :) xx

Caitlin C. said...

I looove summer produce!!! I have been trying to eat clean and just made a huge grocery store run for fruits and veggies :)