Saturday, June 1, 2013

Packing for Vacation!

I am SO anxiously awaiting my long weekend getaway to FL in a few short days! Whenever I'm headed somewhere beachy, I instantly gravitate towards the brightest pieces in my closet. The trick is to packing versatile pieces that can go from day to night by swapping out shoes or adding a statement necklace. Also, finding pieces that will travel well without needing ironing!

I've been trying to be on my best healthy behavior before we go + doing some spray tanning so I don't look like a pasty Wisconsinite on the beach.

I know I'll fit in perfectly on our little beach trip in these colorful + patterned outfits!

Packing for a Beach Vacation

Vix Bikini Tie-Dye Perfection
I picked up this tie dye VIX bikini for $30 at Marshalls.. score!

Summer Staples
I'll choose a pair of sparkly sandals over rubber flip flops any day..

Pineapple + Statement Necklaces
A colorful statement necklace is my must have when traveling!

I am SO in need of a vacation and I wish I could share all the details but, I'm trying to keep our destination and activities of our trip a surprise for Kyle! 

I used Samsung Galaxy camera to snap these and can't believe how great the quality is!. It's going to be the perfect travel camera for capturing all of our adventures (+ mobile uploading on the go- woohoo!). 

What are your essentials when traveling to the beach?

xoxo, lauren


Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Fashion Voices program and have been provided  with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product! :)

15 comments:

Sarah Hartley said...

I'm going on a beach vacation in a couple days too and now I want you to come pack my bags :)

Sherin said...

Hope you have a great trip. The pieces you're taking are so cute. I'm due a sunny holiday.

Midnight Cowgirl said...

That necklace is so pretty!

Nhan Tran said...

I live in FL. It's been so hot lately, perfect for beach time. Have a great trip! ;-)

Chica-Esperta said...

I usually take the smallest bags I can to a beach vacation. My tips: lots of dresses that can be dressed up or down, dressy and casual shoes, a hat, reversible bikinis and a tiny crossbody bag.

For more fashion tips or to ask questions go to theasksection.blogspot.com

The Sweetest Thing said...

Every single one of those photos makes me green with envy!!! Great vacay picks..... wish you were bringing me along! :)

Lauren said...

ah! your vacay sounds so great! loving what you're packing so far... have an awesome time!

Camille said...

Everything that you picked for your vacation is so bright and summery. I love everything! I hope that you have fun on your vacation!

xoxo
Camille
http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

Caitlin C. said...

Ahh you're going to have so much fun on vacation! I love the clothes you packed, and I'm just like you - I naturally gravitate toward bright colors when I know I'm headed to the beach!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Great picks for a vacation! Hope you have a blast.
Isn’t That Charming.

Sandy a la Mode said...

have a great vacay! love all of this stuff!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Lauren said...

WOAH that statement necklace!!! Love how you put it on a pineapple. Great picks for vacation! xo

Rachel Lynne said...

How exciting, have an amazing vacation!

Lauren said...

I love how bright and fun everything is. I always pack some fun dresses and bracelets to throw on top of my bikini.

Shelley Zurek -- Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

The necklace on the pineapple is SOOOO fun and cute! Thanks for linking up to the Verizon Voices Fashionista Style Hop. Hope you will come back again next Tuesday. DId you sign up for the reminders so we can remind you every Monday to post on Tuesday? http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.us2.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=bad1d19331701105428b1360e&id=d5cb5effbd

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin